- All destinations
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The villa is a beautifully appointed foru-bedroom property in Trancoso located 10 minutes from the beach and just a few minutes from the main square in the center of town, the Quadrado. The Bohemian-style house is built over two floors and incorporates glass, wood and whitewashed walls in its décor to create a light and breezy environment, perfectly in keeping with its surroundings
There are two separates structures on the property - a main house and a guest cottage. On the ground floor of the two-story main house, you will find the open-plan kitchen, dining room and living area. Large glass doors open directly onto a wooden deck and pool area, integrating the indoor living space with the outdoors. Up the stairs on the first floor there is one master suite and one double bedroom, both with ensuite bathrooms, air conditioning, ceiling fans and mosquito nets around the comfortable king and queen-size beds. There is also a large balcony with a seating area overlooking the pool.
Across the pool from the main house is the one-story guest cottage. Inside there are two bedrooms with a mosquito nets, an ensuite bathroom, air conditioning and a ceiling fan. It gives off a very rustic feel with its cement bathtub and wooden accents, including the oversized wooden doors that are very common in the region. The cottage doors open up directly onto the deck and pool area, which faces the main house and is perfect for swimming, relaxing and sipping caipirinhas.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children, although the house maybe be unsuitable for toddlers.
VILLA 10 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room: Flat screen Cable TV with DVD player | A/C & ceiling fan
• Kitchen: Fully equipped open-plan kitchen with an island & bar stools
• Dining Area: Large wooden dining table & benches
• Sliding glass doors opening onto pool deck
• Spacious open balcony overlooking the pool
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): King-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with double shower & twin sinks | A/C & ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2: Queen-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | A/C & ceiling fan
• One-story cottage across the pool from the main house with large glass doors leading to the deck & pool area
• Bedroom 3: King-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with twin sinks, large shower & private cement bath | A/C & ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4: Queen-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with twin sinks, large shower & private cement bath | A/C & ceiling fan
• Pool Area: Swimming pool surrounded by a wooden deck with sun cushions, a white stucco wall & beautiful banana leaves
As well as offering some of the best beaches in Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists and musicians (Beyoncé included!) are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Daily maid service (8 hours/day).
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Porto Seguro airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 725 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights for Low Season, 5 nights for High Season and Carnival, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• Light breakfast
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.