- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | PANTANAL, MATO GROSSO DO SUL
Caiman Ecological Refuge is located on a 53 thousand hectare ranch adjoining the small town of Miranda, in the Pantanal wetland, situated in the State of Mato Grosso do Sul. Part of the Refuge is the Caiman Lodge, established in 1985 as the first ecotourism operation in the Southern Pantanal of Mato Grosso do Sul. Since then, it has aimed at creating and offering visitors a means of getting close to the Pantanal’s nature and culture, while pursuing excellence in hospitality services and gastronomy. It consists of two lodges – Cordilheira and Baiazinha – which have fully independent operations and are 22 km from each other.
The villa is the most comfortable lodge in the Pantanal, integrated harmoniously with Pantanal nature. On one side, there is a wooded hill to observe local fauna throughout the day, and on the other, a branch of the lake (dry or full, depending on the season) demonstrates the flood-water cycle to visitors.
Recently renovated, the lodge has five double suites with contemporary style decor. The villa offers guests outstanding comfort, and all the bedrooms and bathrooms come with down pillows, pure cotton bed linen and towels, and heated showers: a real treat after long walks in the Pantanal natural environment. Each of the five suites also has a living room, powder room, balcony, and air conditioning + ceiling fans.
There are a number of social areas for guests to spend their time. A cozy living room extends to a dining room for 10 people, where you can enjoy delicious Pantal cuisine and a great bottle of wine. Outside, a large room with a TV, DVD and games welcomes visitors in the intervals between trips. There is also a beautiful pool and wooden pool deck, surrounded by the vast expanse of the Pantanal landscape.
A variety of tours and activities with the lodge's own "Caimaners" (expert naturalist guides on the Pantanal fauna and flora) are offered, including photography safaris, walking tours, canoe tours, jeep safaris, night safaris bike tours, and bird watching.
In addition to renting the five rooms individually, the whole lodge can be rented for private use, with all the rooms and social areas reserved for a single group, while maintaining the same excellent hospitality services and gastronomy, as well as a full program of activities. This is perfect for big celebrations, family travel and trips with friends. It is also the ideal setup for special interest groups (i.e. birdwatchers) and for holding workshops and small corporate events, in an informal, inclusive and unusual environment.
VILLA 104 ACCOMMODATION
• Social Room: TV, DVD & games
• 10-person Dining Room
• Swimming Pool: Wooden deck with sun chairs | ocean-view
• Mini Bar
• WiFi & Phone
• Bedroom 1: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | living room | powder room | balcony | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | living room | powder room | balcony | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 3: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | living room | powder room | balcony | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | living room | powder room | balcony | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 5: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | living room | powder room | balcony | A/C + ceiling fan
In the geographic center of South America, the Pantanal is the largest wetland plain on the entire planet. In 2000, the Pantanal was designated a World Natural Heritage and World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.
Its fields and mountain ranges, inlets, rivers and lakes cover an extremely flat area of 210,000 km2, fed by tributaries of the Paraguay River, which runs through the Brazilian states of Mato Grosso and Mato Grosso do Sul, as well as Bolivia and Paraguay.
The imposing and magnificent scenery is the habitat of the largest concentration of wildlife in the Americas. According to the World Wildlife Fund in Brazil (WWF),1700 plant species, over 400 fish species, 80 mammal species, over 1100 butterfly species and 656 bird species have been identified.
The absence of mountains and the flat nature of the terrain offers no barrier to cold fronts coming from the South. Therefore, temperatures can vary dramatically over short periods of time.
• Summer: Temperatures range between 25ºC and 40ºC (77ºF and 104ºF)
• Winter: The temperatures range between 18ºC and 30ºC (64,4ºF and 86ºF) and can suddenly fall to 8ºC (46,4ºF) with the arrival of cold fronts.
• Flooding Season (December to March)
• Intermediate Season (April to June)
• Dry Season (July to October): This is the best time to observe wildlife.
• Rainy Season (November + December)
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Good for Events
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, English-speaking house manager. Bilingual guide for the activities.
Additional babysitters, barmen and boatmen (for rented boats) may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from Campo Grande (236 km). The Lodge has its own private landing strip, and helicopter and private plane charters are also available upon request.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, including New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• English-speaking manager
• Daily maid service
• Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner, and non-alcoholic beverages
• Regular activities with a "Caimaner" (bilingual guide) and a field guide
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH Host
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.