- All destinations
- José Ignacio
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | SANTA MONICA BEACH, JOSÉ IGNACIO
This superb beachfront villa is located on the golden sands of Santa Monica Beach - an exclusive coastal strip five minutes away from José Ignacio.
Villa 113 features a level of décor, furnishing and equipment that is second to none in the area, including state-of-the-art split air conditioners in each bedroom and in all living areas, central floor heating (in the unlikely event it is required), an exquisite mix of vintage and designer furniture and fittings, large plasma TVs with home theater systems, alarm system, pool heating system, screen and blackout curtains, and the list goes on.
From the private parking area to the left side of the property, its imposing main entrance door framed by giant palm trees leads to a good sized hall with the star attraction being a vintage motorcycle. A wooden staircase in front of the main entrance leads to a glass mezzanine lit by a large skylight, providing access to four ample bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms. To the right there’s a guest toilet, a well-appointed playroom, a modern fully equipped kitchen and laundry, and a fifth bedroom with an ensuite bathroom that can accommodate an additional guest or a nanny.
The beach can be enjoyed from both inside and out, thanks to the large floor-to-ceiling windows that adorn the living and dining rooms, creating a sense of fusion with the deck, beach and sea beyond.
Its large wooden deck is an oasis in itself, featuring an outdoor lounge, traditional parilla, and best of all, a sail-shaped heated pool surrounded by sun loungers - all just a moments walk from the directly accessible beach.
The villa provides a high level of comfort and tranquility on the beach, being ideal for a stylish family with kids or a group of friends.
VILLA 113 ACCOMMODATION
• Large Living + Dining Room: Located on the ground floor (left wing) | surrounded by floor-to-ceiling windows, with direct access to the pool area & beach | large L-shaped sofa for 8 people | 2 armchairs & coffee tables | home theater with multi-speaker surround system | 50’ plasma TV + Direct TV | CD player + iPod docking station | wireless phone | fireplace | 12-person dining table
• Playroom: Located on the ground floor (right wing) | LCD TV with Direct TV + DVD player with surround system | comfy sofa | library | vintage electric guitars & Marshall combo
• Fully Equipped Kitchen: Located on the ground floor (right wing) | marble countertops | Ariston cook-top + oven | 2 large Bosch refrigerators + freezer | dishwasher | microwave | coffee maker, toaster, food processor, sandwich-maker & shaker | complete cook ware | seating facilities | wireless phone
• Laundry: Located on the ground floor (right wing) | integrated with the kitchen | washing machine with iron
• Guest Toilet: Located on the ground floor (right wing)
All bedrooms come with high-thread-count white cotton sheets & duvet pillows and 100% white cotton towels & bathrobes
• Bedroom 1: Located on the top floor | King-size bed | ensuite marble bathroom with double basin, compartmented toilet & compartment double shower system with rain heads, body sprays & body jets | hairdryer & bathroom amenities | ocean views; blackout curtains; split A/C; central floor heating; LCD TV + Direct TV
• Bedroom 2: Located on the top floor | King-size bed | ensuite bathroom with shower; hairdryer & bathroom amenities | ocean views; blackout curtains; split A/C; central floor heating
• Bedroom 3: Located on the top floor | Twin beds | ensuite bathroom with bathtub & shower | bathroom amenities | ocean views; blackout curtains; split A/C; central floor heating
• Bedroom 4: Located on the top floor | Twin beds | ensuite bathroom with bathtub & shower | bathroom amenities | ocean views; blackout curtains; split A/C; central floor heating
• Additional Bedroom (Maids Room): Located on the ground floor (right wing) | twin beds | ensuite bathroom | a good quality bedroom that is suitable for guests if no live-in personnel is needed by the tenant
• Direct Beach Access: Beachfront property with ocean views | beach umbrellas + chairs, beach showers, towels & sand boards
• Swimming pool: Heated | facing the Atlantic | surrounded by wooden decks with comfy sun loungers
• Outdoor Lounge: Sofas and BBQ grill
• Private Parking
The physical appearance of this small town has changed little over the past decade. For much of the year, the sandy streets of the former fishing village on the country’s Atlantic coast are silent and un-trodden, the avant-garde designer houses half-hidden behind modest fishing shacks, and tumbledown cottages shuttered and empty. Even its grassy plaza is unadorned by anything more showy than a bed of lavender. Yet once a year, artists, aristocrats, and A-list celebrities transform the coastline into South America’s most exclusive — yet determinedly rustic — year-end enclave.
Described as one of the hippest places on the planet at New Year and there is little doubt that, along with Trancoso in North-east Brazil, José Ignacio can make a strong claim on being the hottest place in South America to party in the New Year. First impressions of José Ignacio, the pueblo, is that it looks like a film set and this feeling is only heightened by the glamorous extras that throng the streets, cafes and the two beaches, the mansa and the brava. Nestled in sand dunes overlooking an endless beach, Parador La Huella is everyone’s favourite restaurant and its tables and bar are packed from the time it opens at midday until it closes sometime in the early hours. The menu is perfect for the beach – grilled brotola (a substantial white-fish that gets hauled from the ocean in front of the restaurant), crispy-thin pizzas, oven-charred baby squid, a sushi bar and, of course, the best steaks in the world are perennials on a menu that otherwise changes daily – and the service is snappy and informal. Prices are fair even in high season, the coffee reaches the table piping hot and the rosé is served icy cold. If only all beach bars were made this way. The only price to pay is the wait for a table in the season, not least as the secret is out about this part of the coast
Yet, even at the busiest times when parked Porsches and SUV’s clog the sandy streets, there are still good and rather more down-to-earth options available. Manolo’s, the world’s most glamorous butcher’s shop, sells huge milanesa sandwiches to bikini-clad beauties and further up the street the little supermarket does a brisk trade in iced champagne, emapanadas, cigarettes and freshly baked bread. Despite the increasing hype and invariable comparisons to Ibiza or the Hamptons, Marbella or St Tropez, ‘as they were back in the day’, it’s a place that hasn’t sold out and clearly hasn’t lost its soul. This, I am sure, is down to Uruguay herself, the most down-to-earth, least pretentious country in the region, whose greatest asset is its people. It is true this coast has the feel of a previous era when the world was a simpler, better place: the endless under-developed coastline; the absence of drunken hordes by night; empty beaches by day; all coupled with the fact that it still not that easy to get to from anywhere else. But what it is most of all, it’s essence, is that it this little corner of South America still has a style that is all of its own that rubs its magic dust on everyone who visits. Prepare to be seduced.
• Right on the beach
• Polo Club - 2 min. drive
• José Ignacio - 7 min. drive
• Tennis - 7 min. drive
• Golf - 15 min. drive
• Surf School - 8 min. drive
• Restaurants - 8 min. drive
• Grocery Store - 8 min. drive
• First-aid Clinic - 7 min. drive
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Good for Events
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, pool & garden maintenance man and assistance of an English-speaking host/concierge on the day of arrival and departure.
Additional professional cooks, barman, babysitters, etc. may provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers from the Punta del Este airport (40 min) and the Montevideo airport (less than 2 hours) can be arranged upon request for an additional cost. Car hire is recommended while staying at this house.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOP
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen with a pre-arrival customized grocery and wine shop with handpicked premium, fresh local ingredients. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food and cold drinks, and the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH Host on day of arrival and departure
• Daily maid service
• Customized pre-arrival grocery shop
• Domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Local taxes (6%)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.