- All destinations
VILLA 123 ACCOMMODATION
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
Surrounded by a beautiful tropical garden, this house is perfectly situated between Trancoso’s Historic Centre (the ‘Quadrado’) and Coqueiros Beach. The property is located in one of the nicest gated communities of Trancoso, the Altos de Trancoso condominium. Famed for idyllic beaches and its bohemian atmosphere, Trancoso is an undiscovered haven.
The elegant home is modern and tranquil, with a traditional twist. It is totally open-plan, allowing for an incredible sense of space and is ideal for families, friends or couples.
The wide porch’s three tall entrance doors stand out as you approach the villa and generate a sense of theatre as you pass from outside in. It’s a luxurious newly completed home with 450m2 of interior space set on grounds of 1,125m2.
The ground floor living space is entirely open-plan (you can see right through the house, from end to end) and the design reflects a modern take on traditional Bahia construction. Exposed wooden flooring juxtaposes with jazzy 'azulejos' (Portuguese painted tin-glazed ceramic tilework), the walls are whitewashed, and there is a peaked wooden-beamed ceiling visible throughout.
A focal point is the suspended, modern cast-iron fireplace and the distressed wooden dresser. A stunning and creative backdrop behind the white-clad sofa is a wall made of cracked wooden planks painted in a variety of earth tones.
A hammock, strung indoors, reiterates the home’s tranquil vibe.
An ample well equipped kitchen is a feature of the living space and not hidden away out of site as is the case with many older houses in the region.
Accommodation is for 8 guests in 4 suites, two of which are in stand-alone cottages located across from the pool. All have air conditioning and a view of the garden. The large bedroom suites located in the main house both have bare wooden floorboards and sheer-white curtained beds and are airey and well lit. Hanging bulbs are suspended from the room’s wood-beam ceiling, injecting a touch of modern simplicity. The woven rug adds a traditional touch.
Outside sunbed with deep blue mattresses sit on a vast wooden decking next to the rectangular, crystalline pool (again, notes of Uxua). An oversize L-shaped sofa joins around a coffee table made from a large tree stump. The outdoor table and chairs are perfectly for eating outside in the sahde of a old majestic tree. There is also a pool bathroom, outdoor shower, hot tub and barbecue area.
VILLA 123 ACCOMMODATION
• Living area
• Dining area
• TV room
• Fully-equipped kitchen
Bedroom suites in main house
• Suite 1 (Master Suite) : King size bed | A/C | bath and garden view
• Suite 2 : Two single beds or one king size bed | ensuite bathroom | A/C | garden view
• Suite 3: Queen size bed | ensuite bathroom | A/C | garden view
• Suite 4: Queen size bed | ensuite bathroom | A/C | garden view
• Ample outdoor sofa space
• Barbecue area
• Outdoor dining table and chairs
• Pool bathroom
• Outdoor shower
• Hot tub
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Hot Tub
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, cook, gardener and maintenance of garden.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
DISTANCES AND LOCAL AIRPORT
Local airport: Porto Seguro airport (1 HOUR / 55 KMS)
Helicopters and private jets can be accommodated at Terravista Airport.
The Quadrado is a 15-minute walk away.
The Nativos Beach is a 15-minute walk away.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,015 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 4 nights throughout the year, 5 nights for Carnival and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service, good local cook and maintenance of garden
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.