- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
In the native Indian language of Tupi-Guarani, ‘angatu’ is the word used to communicate ‘well-being’, ‘happiness’ and ‘a good-soul’, which is the epitome of this villa. While the eclectic, five-bedroom house may be located just a single street away from the happening Quadrado, the villa feels like a world away.
The house has a rustic yet modern design, combining traditional techniques of tinted wood, sloping white ceilings, white chaise-lounges and contemporary art. The open-plan living room, dining room and kitchen (with a wrap around breakfast bar for eight) blend seamlessly into one another, and open onto a wooden outdoor deck with a swimming pool framed by lemon trees and comfortable white day beds.
The five bedrooms each come with individual strong points – three boast private balconies and decks, while two have outdoor showers where the water streams from fallen trees. All of the rooms have private bathrooms, air conditioning and four-poster bed frames with mosquito nets. Although there are five double beds, three can be converted into twin beds.
While the comfy double beds and plasma TVs may set the tone for an early night, the villa also loves to stay up late. Why else would there be a whirlpool current in the swimming pool, three bose iPod stations, a BBQ and a wood-fire pizza oven for late night feasts? Theres no doubt about it, Casa Gloria was built for fun, sun and friends.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages. The set up is intimate, yet the layout of the rooms ensures everyone has their own privacy. The house is also a great option for groups who want to have their independence without worrying about car hire, as everything is within arms reach.
VILLA 14 ACCOMMODATION
The open-plan living room, dining room & kitchen blend seamlessly into one another and open onto an outdoor wooden deck through large sliding glass doors
• Kitchen: Open-plan, professional kitchen | wrap-around breakfast bar for 8 people | BBQ, wood-fire pizza oven, professional cooker, 6-HOB stove, microwave & 2 large fridges + 1 freezer
• Dining Room: Connected to the kitchen in a separate raised area | 12-person dining table | opens onto the pool deck
• Living Room: Connected to the kitchen | large couch | plasma screen Cable TV
• Service Area with washing machine
• Bedroom 1: Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom |garden view | safe | A/C.
• Bedroom 2: Double bed with mosquito net (can be converted into twins) | ensuite bathroom | safe | A/C
• Bedroom 3: Double bed with mosquito net (can be converted into twins) | ensuite bathroom | safe | A/C
• Living Room: Open-plan sitting room with Cable TV
• Bedroom 4 (Master Suite): Queen-sized bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | garden view | safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 5: Double bed with mosquito net (can be converted into twins) | ensuite bathroom | garden view | safe | A/C
• Swimming Pool: Whirlpool current | wooden pool deck with six comfortable white daybeds | framed by a garden with lemon trees | iPod station
• Garden: Beautiful green garden with lemon trees & hammock
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Daily maid (7:30am – 5pm), live-in caretaker, and night security guard shared between the houses on the street (7pm – 6am).
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 15 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
With the Quadrado just around the corner and the nearest beach less than 10 minutes away, care hire is not essential. However, cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 935 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights for Low Season, 5 nights for High Season and Carnival, and 10 nights for New Years.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service and caretaker
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.