- All destinations
8 BEDROOMS | 18 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
A signature BBH property offering luxurious accommodation and 5-star hotel service in 8 suites in a beautifully designed beachfront compound below the Quadrado.
In our opinion this is the most stylish of the important beach-front properties in Trancoso and the one that most stands out for exceptional in-house service as confirmed by the feedback we have received from previous guests. A permanent staff of 12 are masters at the art of taking care of Guests and look after visitors to the house with charm normally reserved for house guests, but the efficiency of a well-drilled hotel. It’s akin to having your own sleek, stylish private hotel on the beach in Trancoso.
Rustic Bahian architecture has been combined with vintage design influences and unique pieces of furniture that were custom-made for the property. The result is a stylish and hugely luxurious holiday home that is the bench mark for Trancoso-style (the owners were responsible for the concept and design of the much-hyped Uxua Hotel too).
Eight suites (including one large master suite) are spread between three separate houses on the 6,500m2 compound and all have been decorated with great charm and attention to detail, with thick towels, luxurious linens and mattresses and pillows which complement the rustic design that emphasis local wood, thatch and natural fibres.
Each house has its own sitting room and well-equipped kitchen (so that breakfast can be taken privately in each house if guests prefer), a sofa-strew area to relax in front of a film (Sky TV and DVDs) and hammocks and armchairs that beckon guests for a siesta.
The two houses on the main property share a swimming pool and the third house on the adjacent property also has its own small pool and sun deck. All houses have direct access to the beach which is a great spot for swimming.
There are beach front lounges set up to serve the main compound along with a BBQ and covered pavilion in front of House 3 that allow guests to enjoy the beach while be waited on with drinks and snacks throughout the day.
Located just before the entrance to the Itapororoca Condominium, it is only a short drive to the buzzy nightlife of the village which centres on the Quadrado.
Please note that the owners do not permit large parties (of, say, more than a few dozen) on the property and the atmosphere has been designed to create a luxurious retreat for guests, rather than somewhere to hold large parties or events.
VILLA 28 ACCOMMODATION
• The house is equipped to 5-star hotel standard to receive guests with crockery and linens of the finest quality
• Wi-fi is available through the house
• All living areas and bedrooms of the property are air-conditioned
• Back-up Generator (it is not uncommon for there to be power cuts in Trancoso, especially over New Year when electricity consumption is at it highest) Note that air-conditioning does not work when the generator is running.
• On the ground floor: Sitting and Main Dining area (closest to the principal kitchen), and Bedroom 1 (suite with 4 large bunk beds)
• Bedroom 2 (Master Suite): Located on the first floor, with a large bathroom, walk-in wardrobe and a dressing room (which also doubles as a child’s room when required) | large ocean facing deck with covered seating, wooden loungers and an ofuro bath
• On the ground floor: good sized sitting room and kitchen, and Bedroom 3
• On the first floor: Bedroom 4 & 5 and a home theatre, connected by a wooden-decked veranda
• Bedroom 3 - 5: Three large suites (one faces towards the ocean), all similar in proportions and share a common décor, split air conditioning units and plenty of wardrobe space
This is the smallest of the three houses and is on the adjacent and connected plot, which has it’s own small swimming pool and sun deck • On the ground floor: smaller fully equipped kitchen, sitting room, small TV lounge, veranda with breakfast table, and Bedroom 6 & 7
• On the first floor Bedroom 8
• Two fully equipped beach barracas (shaded and furnished). One with a BBQ
• Two Swimming Pools
• Sound system through out the house and on the beach
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Good for Events
- 18 Guests
- 8 Bedrooms
- 10 Bathrooms
The house comes with a permanent domestic staff of 12 and the fulltime assistance of an English speaking BBH host.
Great professionally trained local cook, kitchen assistants, maids, barman, waiter, gardener and night guard.
Additional professional chef, babysitters, and extra barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers from Porto Seguro airport (1 HOUR / 55 KMS) will be arranged for an additional cost. Car hire is recommended while staying at this house and can be arranged for an extra charge. Helicopters and private jets can be accommodated at Terravista Airport approx.. 15 minutes drive from the house.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff of 12 including: maids, cook and assistants, barman, waiter, gardener and night guard
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.