- All destinations
7 BEDROOMS | 14 GUESTS | TRANCOSO
A modern spacious house with suites built at the far end of the Itapororoca Estate with direct beach access and a good size swimming pool that makes the property ideal for families of groups of friends travelling together. The property has seven suites split between the main house and three individual bungalows that are separate but close to the main house. Set right on the beach in front of one of the prettiest stretches of the Trancoso coast it is a newly built house that is impeccably maintained. The house comes fully staffed with a live in couple, a cook, daily maid service, a very good barman and the full time assistance of a BBH Host.
The house is set on a part of the beach that is reached by few tourists and this along with 24 hour security means that guests at the villa will enjoy a very private stay. The property is set a mid a long thin plot that runs down to the virgin beach and comes fully loaded with everything needed for a great beach holiday. The living areas in the main house all open on the pool or the garden and there is a great outdoor dining area which is equipped with a (pas) barbecue area, grill and wet bar. The pool is on the beach side of the main house, although it cannot be seen from anyone walking past along the beach which is a minute’s walk away along a path through the mata, and there is a deck with wooden sun-loungers and an out-door shower. A shaded area can also be set up by day on the beach with chairs, two tables and drinks service as required.
The main kitchen, an indoor dining room (that seats 10), a large TV lounge and a separate sitting room are all located on the ground floor of the main house, with the dinning room and kitchen on one side of an ‘H’ shaped construction and the TV and sitting rooms on the other. The entrance to the property is via a two story cantilevered door that opens on to a hall that in turn leads to a ’T’ shaped walkway over the swimming pool (note - because of this open sided walkway, an open sided staircase to the first floor and a partially open-sided first floor walkway it is not a property we recommend for parents travelling with young children as it is essential that they are constantly supervised). The Master suite and two identical twin rooms share the first floor of the main house with a open sitting room-cum-massage area on the other side of the hall. Both rooms have over sized single beds, en-suite bathrooms and share a balcony over looking the garden. The Master suite looks over the lagoon-styled swimming pool, the garden and offers a flash of the sea beyond.
The kitchen is extremely well stocked with all kinds of glass ware and a full dinner set of plain white china and is kitted out with two large fridge-freezers, a bread making machine, coffee machine, professional cooking range and hobs and there is a further outdoor kitchen by the pool. Under the shade of a pergola there is a large modern wooden table with solid wooden benches for outdoor lunches and dinners.
Four further suites are set in free-standing bungalows in the garden to the rear of the houses. The two bungalows furthest from the house are of approx. 50m2 (plus their verandas) and are decked out with double beds, indoor and out door shower rooms, flat screen TVs and plenty of closet space. Both have wooden-deck verandas. The third bungalow contains two interconnecting double rooms (both en-suite), one of which has a double bed and the other two oversized single beds. This cottage is just 10 meters from the main house.
All in all a great beachfront option for those wanting to enjoy the buzz of Trancoso while maintaining a high level of privacy. We staff the house - as with all of the larger houses in our collection - with a great local cook, daily maid service and the help of a great BBH English speaking host who everyone agrees is essential to making the most both of Trancoso and to your time in the house.
VILLA 31 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room and large TV lounge area
• Indoor dining room (10 seats)
• Main kitchen: very well stocked with all kinds of glassware and china
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Double bed | en-suite bathroom | large closet | view of the swimming pool and garden
• Bedroom 2 - 3: Twin rooms with over sized single beds | en-suite bathroom | both share a balcony overlooking the garden
• Open sitting room
Bungalows (Bedrooms 4 - 7)
• Bungalow 1 - 2: 1 Bedroom per bungalow | Double bed | Indoor and outdoor shower rooms | Flat screen TV | Large closet area | Wooden-deck verandas | 50m2
• Bungalow 2: Two interconnecting bedrooms | Double bed + Two oversized single beds | Ensuite
• Lagoon-styled swimming pool and garden
• Outdoor kitchen with barbecue and grill
• Dining room: large modern wooden table with solid wooden benches, under the shade of a pergola
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 14 Guests
- 7 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
Maid service, good local cook, barman/waiter, maintenance man and night guard.
Additional professional chef, babysitters, and extra barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers from Porto Seguro airport (1 HOUR / 55 KMS) will be arranged for an additional cost. Car hire is recommended while staying at this house and can be arranged for an extra charge. Helicopters and private jets can be accommodated at Terravista Airport approx.. 15 minutes drive from the house.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 4 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff including: maid, local cook, barman/waiter, maintenance and night guard
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.