- All destinations
8 BEDROOMS | 16 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The villa is a stunning contemporary beach house set right on the sand in one of the most sought after and private areas of Trancoso. The 2,000m2 house was completed in 2009 and was built to the highest standard imaginable. The property has eight bedrooms, and although it is very private, it is only a 10-minute car ride away from the bars, boutiques and restaurants of the Quadrado.
There are two identical houses on the property, which each have four double bedrooms and offer accommodation for up to 16 guests. At the center of both houses are two main villas that have kitchens, spacious living rooms, indoor/outdoor dining areas, and one large master suite (with ocean views and a jacuzzi).
The other three double bedrooms in each house are distributed in adjoining buildings and bungalows surrounded by tropical vegetation that perfumes the air and nurtures the soul, each with ocean views and their own particular charm. The property also has a massage area.
Outside there are BBQ grills, wood-burning ovens and fireplaces, which are all made from old recycled tree trunks, adding to the sense of calm retreat. One of the best parts of the property is the semi-private beach where umbrellas and sun beds are set up during the day, and there is full bar service offering chilled coconuts, ice cold beer and caipirinhas to refresh weary beach-bums. (One of the houses offers a pool)
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages, looking for comfort and privacy.
VILLA 34 ACCOMMODATION
There are two identical, 4-bedroom houses on the property, which offers accommodation for up to 16 guests. Each house sleeps 8 guests and may be booked individually
Located at the center of both houses
• Kitchen: Fully equipped | professional laundry area in the back
• Living Room: Sofas | plasma screen SKY cable TV with DVD | Bose sound system + iPod docks | A/C
• Dining Areas: Indoor & open-air
• Massage + Therapy Area
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Double bed | private ensuite bathroom with jacuzzi | sea views | A/C | over 100m2
ADJOINING BUILDINGS + BUNGALOWS (bedrooms 2-4)
Surrounded by tropical vegetation | each bedroom has its own particular charm
• Bedroom 2: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | sea views | A/C
• Bedroom 3: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | sea views | A/C
• Bedroom 4: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | sea views | A/C
• Garden: Filled with organic fruit & vegetables
• Beach: Semi-private | 100 meters of beach-front | deck furniture, umbrellas & sun-beds | full bar service offered during the day (chilled coconuts, beer & caipirinhas)
• Extra: Outdoor maxi showers made of recycled tree trunks | wood-burning oven + BBQ grill
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 16 Guests
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
Maid service from Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm). English speaking concierge. Cook, gardener and caretaker for each house.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 3 nights for Low Season, 5 nights for High Season and10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff including maid, cook and assistant, and gardener
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.