- All destinations
- Arraial d'Ajuda
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | ARRAIAL D'AJUDA, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The villa is a five-bedroom house on the exclusive cliff top of Alta Mucugê, located near Arraial d’Ajuda and only 30 minutes from the vibrant Trancoso. Designed by local architect Carlos de Oliveira Rodrigues, the house is full of natural light and surrounded by beauty, with magical views of the Mata Atlântica and the aesthetic of a giant New York loft.
Colorful photographic prints on the walls, Turkish rugs on the polished white concrete floors, chairs made from discarded rainforest trees, eclectic African artifacts and art deco lamps fill the rooms, and give the house a stylish and contemporary finish with rustic charm.
The five-bedroom house can accommodate up to 10 guests. There are four air-conditioned bedrooms with amazing views, modern yet funky bathrooms and Brazilian hardwood king-size beds encased in mosquito netting, which come with high-quality bed linens and soft pillows. The other bedroom (best for children) has twin beds and interconnects with one of the king suites, giving access to the children if needed (there is also a baby cot available). The extensive glass frontage of the house and the spacious open-plan living room with high wood-beamed ceilings gives it a spectacular amount of natural light. The continuous 12-meter French doors open onto a wooden veranda with hammocks, lounge furniture, and an outdoor shower, revealing a breathtaking valley view of the rainforest.
Outside there is a swimming pool with sun loungers and a fully-equipped pool house with a kitchen and dining table. There are also multiple outdoor seating and dining areas, all surrounded by an impressive tropical garden and perfect for entertaining. The house is just a five-minute walk to the beaches (deserted or lively, depending upon your preference) and to the village of Arraial d’Ajuda, with its charming bars and restaurants.
The villa works equally well for groups of friends and families with children of all ages, looking for some time to enjoy the beaches of Arraial d’Ajuda while also being just a 30 minute drive from Trancoso.
VILLA 40 ACCOMMODATION
• Incredibly unique pieces all throughout the house
• Framed original 1960's movie posters & limited edition “Dean Freeman” photographic prints | Brazilian art & pieces from the popular artist Toti | Turkish Kilim rugs & cushions | silk Indian fabrics | African artifacts | Argentinian art deco lamps | handmade designer Chrome fans from Gerbar in São Paulo
Loft-style house with spacious open-plan living + dining area & kitchen all connected
• Kitchen: Open-plan kitchen with an island + bar stools
• Dining Area: Small 4-person dining table located under the stairway area | lots of photographic prints on the walls
• Living Room: Very spacious open-plan living area with eclectic décor & furniture | TV with DVD player & extensive DVD collection in a custom made media unit trolley | connected to the guest suite via sliding doors | additional giant sliding glass doors extending across the front of the house & opening onto a wooden veranda
The four king bedrooms have 4-poster Brazilian hardwood beds with fine sprung mattresses, quality bed linens & soft pillows (memory foam or feather)
• Bedroom 1: King-size bed with mosquito net | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2: King-size bed with mosquito net | blackout curtains | safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 3: King-size bed with mosquito net | blackout curtains | safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4: King-size bed with mosquito net | blackout curtains | safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 5: Twin beds with mosquito net | blackout curtains | safe | A/C + ceiling fan | interconnects with one of the king suites
• Veranda: Spacious wooden veranda mounted on stilts | 4 hammocks | valley view of the rainforest
• Swimming Pool: Long blue pool | wooden pool deck with sun chairs | surrounded by an impressive tropical garden
• Pool House: Connected to the deck | kitchen | bathroom | outdoor dining area
Unique is not a word to be used lightly - it means that there is only one of its kind in the world. This is true of Arraial d’Ajuda, a village in Southern Bahia, a state in the Northeast of Brazil. Arraial d’Ajuda is welcoming to people of all ages. Whether you want to experience complete peace while relaxing under the shade of coconut palms listening to the sound of lapping waves on a deserted beach, or experience a vibrant nightlife scene while dancing to Axé and Reggae music in lively beach bars until sunrise, Arraial d’Ajuda is where you want to be.
Beyond the beautiful beaches and exciting nightlife, you will find a variety of activities in the area including windsurfing, kitesurfing, diving, parasailing, fishing, boat trips, beach buggy rentals and golf at the nearby Terravista Golf Course and Condominium. The village also has a thriving international community, an amazing array of restaurants offering several gastronomic options, bars, cafés, chic shopping centers, and galleries with charming handicraft stores.
Arraial d’Ajuda is a district of Porto Seguro, about 15 miles from the city of Trancoso.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Daily maid service. Massage therapist upon request.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Porto Seguro and Trancoso airports. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, and helicopter and private plane charters can also be arranged upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 415 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, 7 nights for New Year, and 5 nights for Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.