- All destinations
3 BEDROOMS | 6 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
This dream beach house was described by Centurion Magazine as “one of the most perfect beach houses in the world”, and was also recently voted one of the Top 15 Villa Rental Properties in the world by Harper's Bazaar Magazine. This "Foot in the sand" (Pé na areia in Portuguese) house is in the most sought after location in Trancoso, just a 10-minute drive to the bars and restaurants of the Quadrado, in the center of town.
The villa is very stylish, yet simple and understated. The design and decoration of the house are totally in keeping with its surroundings, incorporating wood and natural fibers, with beautiful jacaranda wood floors and muslin drapes.
The three-bedroom house has two double bedroom and one twin bedroom, all with ensuite bathrooms, wooden-shuttered windows, mosquito nets and air conditioning (although the sea breeze is all you need). There is a fully-equipped kitchen, TV area with a projector, large open-plan sitting and dining area, and in the rear of the house there is an outdoor deck with a breakfast table.
A wide veranda with lounge furniture runs along the front of the house, offering beautiful views of the ocean. Just down from the veranda is a garden with coconut palms and a path leading to the beach, only a few yards in front of the house. The beach is ideal for long walks and for swims in the warm ocean water, and the sound of crashing waves and wind blowing through the coconut palms is the perfect rolling soundtrack for your vacation.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages. The house is also great for those who value privacy, as it has 24-hour security and is not overlooked by other properties.
VILLA 5 ACCOMMODATION
• Kitchen: Fully equipped, open-plan kitchen | cooker+stove, fridge+freezer, microwave & BBQ | kitchen bar with stools | laundry area in back
• Living Area: Large open-plan sitting area | beautiful jacaranda wood floors & muslin drapes | lots of big white couches | Cable TV | sliding glass doors leading out to a veranda
• Deck: Wooden deck at the rear of the house | breakfast table & view of the garden
• Veranda: Separate wide wooden veranda running along the front of the house | sofas, tables & great ocean views | steps down to the garden & beach
• TV Area with projector
• Dining Area
• Bedroom 1: King-bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | white linens & wooden-shuttered windows | A/C
• Bedroom 2: Twin beds with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | white linens & wooden-shuttered windows | A/C
• Bedroom 3: Queen bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | white linens & wooden-shuttered windows | A/C
• Beachfront: "Foot in the sand" (Pé na areia in Portuguese)
• Garden: Large beach-front garden filled with coconut palms
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Daily maid service (she can also prepare breakfast). Maintenance man.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
Car hire is strongly recommended while staying at this property. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.