- All destinations
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | ILHA DO PICO, PARATY
A large private island swathed in tropical forest and with its own 400-meter beach, the villa is the secret getaway of one of Brazil’s best-known film directors. The main house has views in all directions – of the beach, out to sea, to the neighboring islands, and to the hills of the mainland. It is the ideal getaway for those wanting to let go of their everyday stresses and be pampered.
The style of the house is modern - a contemporary take on the hacienda style of construction - with lots of light open spaces and glass paneled roofs that allow for the best of the tropical light and views. There are white painted bedrooms and bathrooms, unfussy fittings, and an emphasis on the views and outside spaces rather than over-the-top interior design. The property also has a gorgeous private beach and deep water jetty.
Three separate structures are spread across the property, and connected by paths (which are lit at night). The main house is raised above the rest of the property atop a huge granite boulder, and benefits from amazing views and sea-breezes as a result. It has a covered wrap-around deck with sun beds, a dining room, sitting room, home cinema, fully equipped kitchen, mezzanine area, and two suites.
The master suite is located in a separate house situated right on the sand under the shade of almond trees, and also has a large bathroom, a sitting room, and a sun deck with steps down to the sea. The final beach house has one twin bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, as well as a BBQ, grill, and wet-bar, perfect for barbecuing and sipping cocktails on the waters edge.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages. It is especially ideal for anyone who loves island life and the privacy and seclusion that it offers.
VILLA 51 ACCOMMODATION
Built atop a huge granite boulder & raised above the rest of the property
• Home Cinema
• Dining Room
• Sitting Room
• Kitchen: Fully equipped | storage area with a washing machine in the back
• Sun Deck: Wide wrap-around teak deck connecting the rooms | glass roof | dining area | ample seating | sun beds + sun umbrellas
• Bedroom 1: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | opens onto the veranda | A/C
• Bedroom 2: Double bed | identical ensuite bathroom | opens onto the veranda | A/C
MASTER SUITE HOUSE
Separate house right on the sand
• Sitting Room: TV with DVD player
• Sun Deck with steps down to the sea
• Bedroom 3 (Master Suite): Double bed | large bedroom with walk-in shower & bath | outdoor shower & ofuro | polished cement floors | A/C
• Sitting Room: TV with DVD player & stereo sound system (indoor + outdoor speakers)
• Dining Area: Covered alfresco dining area with BBQ, grill & pizza oven
• Hammock Area
• Wet Bar
• Bedroom 4: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom | A/C
• Deep-water Jetty
• Private Beach
• Boats: Speedboat for 7 passengers + small service boat (for shopping, etc)
• Helipad: Lit for night landings
• Generator: Large silent diesel generator (approx. 900m from the house)
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
Maid service from Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm). Caretaker who lives on the island.
Additional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo. Alternatively, Paraty has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the house, and helicopter and private plane charters are available upon request. Boat transfers from Paraty to the house can also be arranged for an extra cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 2,000 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, and 7 nights for New Year and Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service (two maids, one can cook) and caretaker
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Boat transfers to and from the villa for an extra charge
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra charge of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Fuel for the generator and speed boat
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.