- All destinations
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | ILHA DO ARAÚJO, PARATY
A splendid ocean-front house, the villa is located on one of the 65 enchanting islands of Paraty, Ilha do Araújo, and has been featured in leading architectural magazines for its style and charm. The house has a secluded feel yet is only 15 minutes away from Paraty, a heritage site where nature and culture meet in ocean surroundings.
Spread across two houses, the property is right on the edge of the ocean, enjoying wonderful breezes and providing spectacular views. The house has art from all over the world and unique décor incorporating lots of stone, wood, and blue doors and windows. There are four cozy bedrooms with incredible ocean views split between the main house and a connecting smaller house that has two of the bedrooms and a large terrace. The main house has a living room, kitchen, small office and a great spacious outdoor terrace with covered dining, lounging and BBQ areas. The property also comes with a six-person boat and a personal boatman, although it’s hard for guests to drag themselves away from the house and the semi-private beach.
For those guests looking for some adventure, there are additional boat rides available to nearby islands, most of which have safe swimming areas, scuba diving sites, trekking opportunities, as well as delightful bars and restaurants.
The villa is ideal for groups of friends and families with children of all ages wanting to enjoy the island life and take in some of the most beautiful views in Paraty.
VILLA 59 ACCOMMODATION
Accommodation is spread across two houses, 20 meters between each of them, right by the edge of the ocean
• Living Room: Light & spacious | decorated with unique artwork | wood fireplace | opens out onto a large ocean-view terrace
• Kitchen: Fully equipped with a fridge + freezer, dishwasher & ice maker | view of the ocean | small breakfast table
• Terrace: Facing the ocean | covered outdoor dining area with 8-person dining table | outdoor living area with comfortable couches, chairs & hammock
• Small Office
• Bedroom 1: Good-sized bedroom with one single bed (pull out bed available) | ensuite bathroom
• Bedroom 2: Large, airy suite with a queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | access to private ocean-view balcony with a hammock
Connected to the main house via a ramp or a ladder
• Large Terrace
• Bedroom 3: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | access to an ocean-view balcony
• Bedroom 4: Large twin beds | ensuite bathroom | access to an ocean-view balcony
• Private Beach
• Deck: Wooden deck area next to the ocean | sun chairs & floor pillows | beautiful view
• Boat Dock: 6-person boat + personal boatman
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Daily maid service and cook, and a housekeeper who also acts as the boatman.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo upon request. Paraty also has its own airport, and helicopter and private plane charters are available upon request. 15-minute roundtrip boat transfers from Paraty to the house will be arranged.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
A welcome hamper of drinks and snacks is included in the cost of the rental. To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 500 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, and 7 nights for Easter, Holidays, Christmas and New Year.
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Boat transfers to and from the villa available for an extra charge
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra cost and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.