- All destinations
- Angra dos Reis
- Ilha Grande
7 BEDROOMS | 14 GUESTS | ILHA GRANDE, ANGRA DOS REIS
An incredible seven-bedroom beach house offering a stunning beachfront location on Ilha Grande, and an exceptionally high standard of accommodation. The property extends along a private white sandy beach lined with palm and almond trees, and is ring-fenced at the back by hills covered in thick Atlantic rainforest.
In the main house you will find five air-conditioned ensuite bedrooms just a couple steps from the beach (two with twin beds, three with double beds), a professional kitchen, a sitting room with a large flat screen TV, indoor/outdoor dining and lounging areas, and a swimming pool. Two further bedrooms are located in separate stand-alone villas in the garden, each with double beds, private bathrooms, sitting rooms and small front porches with hammocks. A further villa, which has lovely beach views, houses a gym, sauna, and a covered outdoor games area with table tennis and full size snooker tables.
From the hammocks strung outside each bedroom to the sun loungers on the beach, there are multiple areas for relaxing. The property also comes with a floodlight soccer pitch, a BBQ, and a fresh water swimming pool positioned next to the covered outdoor lounge area. Two speedboats and a traditional sailing boat are available with the villa and this allows guests to explore the secluded beaches of Ilha Grande, or to water ski at leisure from the properties private jetty.
The villa is suitable for large groups of friends and families with children of all ages. It is ideal for groups traveling with children, as there is a huge amount of space, a swimming pool, football pitch and a child-friendly beach. The house is not overlooked by any other property and is also ideal for guests that value their privacy.
"Steven - this property is insane! You did not talk it up enough!!" - Jacqueline Teunissen, Solset Escapes
VILLA 67 ACCOMMODATION
•Professional Kitchen: Fully equipped professional kitchen with a cooker, stove, microwave & large fridge + freezer | laundry area in back
•Sitting Room: Large plasma screen Cable TV with DVD & CD player | guest bathroom + cloak room
•Dining Room: Covered veranda with an outdoor dining area & large wooden dining table | located next to the bedroom area
•Bedroom 1: Double bed | ensuite bathroom with hair dryer | LCD screen Cable TV with DVD + iPod player | lockable safe | A/C + ceiling fan
•Bedroom 2- Double bed | ensuite bathroom with hair dryer | LCD screen Cable TV with DVD + iPod player | lockable safe | A/C + ceiling fan
•Bedroom 3- Double bed | ensuite bathroom with hair dryer | LCD screen Cable TV with DVD + iPod player | lockable safe | A/C + ceiling fan
•Bedroom 4- Twin beds | ensuite bathroom with hair dryer | LCD screen Cable TV with DVD + iPod player | lockable safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 5- Twin beds | ensuite bathroom with hair dryer | LCD screen Cable TV with DVD + iPod player | lockable safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Living Room: Spacious living area with comfortable couches & plasma screen Cable TV
• Games Room: Covered outdoor games area with table tennis & full-size snooker tables
• Professional Gym
• Beach-view Sauna
• Bedroom 6: Queen-sized bed | private bathroom | ofuro | large sitting room with LCD screen Cable TV & DVD + iPod player | small wooden front porch with a hammock
• Bedroom 7: Queen-sized bed | private bathroom | ofuro | large sitting room with LCD screen Cable TV & DVD + iPod player | small wooden front porch with a hammock
• Beach: Direct beach access ("Foot in the sand") | 400-meter private beach with beach furniture, hammocks & sun-loungers | 46’ Intermarine speedboat for island touring | 22' Fisher waterski boat | sea kayaks | snorkelling & scuba equipment
• Swimming Pool: Two pools (one fresh water with a small waterfall) with hammocks
• Poolside Lounge: Covered lounge area by the pool | couches, dining table, bar & BBQ area
• Grass Football Pitch (floodlit)
Situated 150km Southwest of Rio, Ilha Grande is Brazil’s third largest island. There are no roads on the island and the only way to get around is by boat or by foot (there is a trail around the whole island, which would take up to five days by foot). The south side of the island is open to the sea and has larger waves, which is where some of the best surf beaches in the region are located. The northern shore is home to the island’s largest village, Abraão, which enjoys an ideal location in a sheltered bay. On the island you will find many beautiful hidden beaches, secluded moorings and a handful of tiny restaurants to enjoy fresh seafood feasts in splendid isolation.
The island is ideal for beach lovers, water sports fanatics, surfers, sailors and wildlife enthusiasts (there are several species of monkey and over 250 species of bird, including rare Macaws inhabiting the Atlantic Rainforest).
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- 14 Guests
- 7 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
Full daily staff of 9, including two maids, a maintenance man, waiter and kitchen assistants (9am – 8pm)
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen and boatmen (for rented boats) may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private land transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from both airports in Rio upon request. Helicopter and private plane charters or round trip boat charters from the mainland to the island can also be arranged.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and islands around Ilha Grande. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 3,600 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, including New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff including maids, cook and assistant, maintenance of the pool and garden
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.