- All destinations
- Angra dos Reis
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | ILHA DE ITACURUÇÁ, ANGRA DOS REIS
Situated on the island of Itacuruçá, only a two hour drive south of Rio, the villa is a fantastic colonial island property on the water's edge. A row of palm trees stands between the front garden and the beach, which emphasizes the property’s colonial grandeur, and there is beautiful greenery all throughout the property. The small beach in front of the property is shared with two other houses, and is the perfect place to enjoy the calm waters in peace.
This beachfront island property is arranged over a single story, and has five en-suite bedrooms (two of which form a separate bungalow), a large split level indoor living and dining room, a separate kitchen, and connected by a covered walkway, a spacious outdoor lounge and BBQ area under a tiled roof, complete with a BBQ grill, a bar, wooden dining table, couches and beautiful ocean views. There is also a separate independent caretaker’s house, a boat house and up a hill at the back of the property there is a terrace, which has a small plunge pool.
The outdoor lounge area is where you will spend your time, relaxing and preparing drinks as you watch boats bob by. The property also comes with access to its own personal boat (for an extra charge) - nine people can be comfortably taken to neighboring beaches and islands. There is very little by way of local restaurants, shops and bars, so it is best to kick back at the house in the evening and fire up the BBQ. The housekeeper is a fantastic cook, too!
With great spaces to entertain and lounging/seating areas spread from inside to out, it would be almost impossible not to relax and enjoy a little bit of peace and quiet.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages wanting to have a very relaxing vacation.
VILLA 69 ACCOMMODATION
• Living + Dining Room: Open-plan, split level living + dining area at the front of the house | top level is the living area with 2 couches, a coffee table & a new flat screen TV | down a few steps is the dining area with a 10-person table, fireplace, large windows with an ocean view & doors opening onto the patio
• Kitchen: Fully equipped kitchen with cooker, stove, microwave & fridge + freezer
• Bedroom 1: Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2: Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 3 (Children's room): Twin beds + Small single bed | ensuite bathroom | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4: Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | small balcony | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 5: Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | A/C + ceiling fan
• Patio: Covered outdoor living + dining area accessed via a covered walkway | couches & seating areas facing the ocean | wooden dining table | bar & BBQ
• Beachfront ("Foot in the Sand"): Semi-private beach accessed via stone pathway in the front yard | boat house & 9-person boat available for use (with an extra cost)
• Garden: Spacious garden with sun chairs & palm trees overlooking the beach
• Swimming Pool: Small plunge pool on top of a hill at the back of the property
• Caretaker’s House
Itacuruçá is a small town on the Green Coast, two hours south of Rio and two hours north of Angra dos Reis, part of the Mangaratiba municipality. This quaint fishing village is surrounded by mountains and is the epitome of tranquility. The 26-mile island of Ilha de Itacuruçá is just as serene, and is ideal for beach trips, nature walks, boat rides, and complete relaxation.
Part of the charm of Itacuruçá and the surrounding area is the minimal tourism, making for a peaceful and uninterrupted experience. During the week you might even be lucky enough to get the beach all to yourself. On the weekends the beaches do fill up more, with beach-goers playing popular games such as futevole and soccer, which provides great entertainment. On neighboring beaches you will also find various kiosks serving ice-cold beer, coconuts and tasty sweet and savory snacks.
Itacuruçá is the perfect authentic Brazilian escape. After experiencing the complete relaxation that Itacuruçá provides, you might never want to leave.
- Outdoor Seating
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Two housekeepers who maintain the property, look after the guests, clean and cook. One of them is also captain of the boat.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen and boatmen (for rented boats) may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private land transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from both airports in Rio upon request. Round trip boat transfers from the mainland to the island can also be arranged.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 400 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 2 nights for Low Season, 5 nights for High Season and 7 nights for New Year and Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service, good local cook
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.