- All destinations
10 BEDROOMS | 21 GUESTS (18 ADULTS + 3 CHILDREN) | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
One of the most remarkable properties in Trancoso, the villa is a private estate with 500m of beachfront, located just 10 minutes from the bars, restaurants and boutiques of the famous Quadrado. With native forest, fruit trees and a river running through the heart of the property, much of the land is untouched. Beach access is along a 100-meter path lined with beautiful flowers, which guarantees absolute privacy. One of the most striking features of the property is the wooden decked bridge built over the water, which has a pavilion in the middle used for sundowners, lunches or candle-lit dinners.
The property has ten air-conditioned bedrooms split between four stand-alone Bungalows, and there is ample accommodation for up to 21 guests (18 adults and three children, as one of the rooms is a kids bedroom). There is a separate pavilion next to the 18-meter long swimming pool, which houses a large dining area, kitchen, and indoor/outdoor sitting areas with views of the ocean. A newly constructed dining room and open-plan kitchen were recently added on, providing even more comfort and space.
The beach in front of the house is very private and seldom visited by anyone who is not a guest of the property. Thanks to the protection of a nearby reef, the sea is crystal clear and great for swimming.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages. The house is in a very secluded location, ideal for those looking for privacy.
We absolutely loved the whole thing. Just fabulous. Great holiday. House was perfect; staff were the best ever (my children fell in love with them all); food was delicious. Trancoso was charming. Fabio was extremely helpful. Really; we couldn’t have been happier.” - AB, Ibiza / UK
VILLA 8 ACCOMMODATION
The property is spread over 10 hectares and includes 500 meters of beach-front
• Kitchen: Fully equipped with cooker, stove, microwave, BBQ & large fridge+freezer | laundry area connected in the back
• Large Dining Room
• Indoor + Outdoor Sitting Areas: Ample comfortable seating | TV | views of the sea by the side of the pool
• Swimming Pool: 18m bright blue pool surrounded by a deck | sun chairs | facing the beach
Bungalow 1 (Main House)
Surrounded by wooden deck built over a river running through the property
• Living Room: Grand Piano & Cable TV
• Bedroom 1 (ground floor) : Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | private veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2 (first floor): Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Veranda: Breakfast table & chaise lounge
• Bedroom 3 (ground floor): Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4 (ground floor): Twin beds with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 5 (ground floor): Bunk bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Veranda: Sofas, chaise lounge & armchairs
• Bedroom 6: Double bed with mosquito net | TV | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 7: Twin beds with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Solarium Deck
• Bedroom 8: Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | small living area | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 9: Double bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | couch | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 10 (Children's Room): Double bed, single bed, bunk bed | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | veranda | electronic safe | A/C + ceiling fan
• Pavilion + Decks: Open-sided | built over the water for sundowners, lunch & dinner
• 18m Swimming Pool
• Beach: Private beach access | "Foot in the sand" | shaded wooden beach tent
• Land: 10 hectares of native forest, fruit trees & trails | river running through the property
• Helipad: "Parking" for 2 helicopters
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 21 Guests
- 10 Bedrooms
- 10 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, cook, maintenance man, barman.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service, cook, barman, and maintenance man
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.