- All destinations
- Rio de Janeiro
5 BEDROOMS (SIXTH ROOM AVAILABLE) | 10 GUESTS (13 WITH SIXTH ROOM) | SANTA TERESA, RIO DE JANEIRO
This grand five-bedroom house is set within a private, guarded estate in the hills of the Santa Teresa neighborhood. Built in 1940 and owned by one of the oldest families in Rio, the house epitomizes elegance and luxury. The hill-top location gives the house unrivalled views of Sugarloaf Mountain and Guanabara Bay, and the charming restaurants, shops, and cobblestone streets of Santa Teresa are just moments away.
The exquisetly decorated mansion has five vast air-conditioned ensuite bedrooms. All bedrooms come with large bathrooms and walk-in closets, and two of the bedrooms and a reception room have an outdoor terrace where you can admire the amazing view. Beyond the five bedrooms, there is also a TV room leading out to the terrace that can be turned into an additional sixth bedroom with three single beds if needed. Depending on where you are in the house, you have a choice between the view of Guanabara Bay, Sugarloaf Mountain, Christ the Redeemer or even the Maracanã Stadium.
The house benefits from a number of living rooms that spill into one another, as well as a large dining room, kitchen and additional indoor + outdoor dining and living spaces, which accommodate more than 10 people. At the front of the property there is a beautiful spacious terrace with a swimming pool, where again, the view can be marvelled at. Whether with friends or family, cocktails on the terrace are a must!
Although the mansion is located in a private estate, it is still just minutes away from all the action. This luxurious property lends itself to all occasions, and works equally well for families with children of all ages and groups of friends.
VILLA 83 ACCOMMODATION
• Reception Area + Living Rooms: Spacious open-plan triple reception room & conservatory | various seating areas | Cable TV with DVD player | large doors leading out to a terrace overlooking Sugarloaf Mountain | additional double doors leading to dining room
• Dining Room: Spacious dining room with 12-person dining table | connected to an additional reception room
• Kitchen: Fully equipped with a professional cooker, stove, microwave, ice maker & large fridge + freezers | connected to service area
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): King-size bed | large ensuite bathroom | walk-in closet | small living room area with a TV | wooden floors | door leading out to the terrace with a view of Sugarloaf Mountain & the ocean | A/C
• Bedroom 2 (Master Suite 2): King-size bed | large ensuite bathroom | walk-in closet | small living room area with a TV | wooden floors | door leading out to the terrace with a view of Sugarloaf Mountain & the ocean | A/C
• Bedroom 3: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | TV | side view of Sugarloaf Mountain | A/C
• Bedroom 4: Two single beds | ensuite bathroom | TV | A/C
• Bedroom 5: Two single beds | ensuite bathroom | TV | A/C (a bit smaller than Bedroom 4)
• TV/Games Room: TV & comfortable seating | doors leading out to the terrace | can be converted into a 6th bedroom with 3 single beds
• Hall Bathroom: Can be used as bathroom for guests staying in the TV room
• Swimming Pool: Big pool surrounded by a wooden deck | 6 pool chairs, 2 umbrellas, a chaise lounge, small 5-person glass dining table & additional seating areas
• Sun Porch: Accessed via the reception area & living room | spacious porch surrounded by large glass windows with a pool and city view | ample seating & dining areas
Rio needs little introduction, and we are very experienced in working with guests to ensure that they enjoy the Marvelous City as much as possible. All guests receive the BBH Rio Guide, which includes up-to-date tips on where and what to do, as well as the very latest on restaurants and bars in the city. We have excellent tour guides available who aim to guarantee you have the best experience possible during your time in Rio, as they would for their own family and friends.
Santa Teresa is an eclectic neighborhood located in the middle of Centro and Zona Sul - a 10 minute walk from the Lapa Arches, and a 15 minute drive to Copacabana, Ipanema, and Leblon beaches. It combines Brazilian culture and tradition, with its delightful winding cobblestone streets lined with charming shops, bars, and restaurants, and it also has a vibrant nightlife scene.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Good for Events
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Housekeeper, and daily maid service (8hs a day). 24-hour security.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, drivers, etc. may be provided for an extra cost when requested in advance. We also have excellent local guides based in Rio for those who wish to explore the city, which we especially recommended for first time visitors.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from both Rio airports.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,500 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, and minimum 7 nights for New Year and Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service & housekeeper
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.