- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | PRAIA DA FERRADURA, ARMAÇÃO DOS BÚZIOS
Built in 2006, the villa is a luxurious five-bedroom modern house built on three levels over an incline, with some of the most stunning sea views in Búzios. Set on top of a hill at the point where the neck of Ferradura Bay opens to the Atlantic, the house offers dramatic views of the ocean and the nearby hills that slope down to the sands of the horseshoe-shaped bay. The house is blissfully peaceful for Búzios, with a distinctly Mediterranean feel coming from the natural light and sounds, the birdsong, waves and the breeze in the palm fronds. The beach is only a 10-minute walk away down a sloping track.
Graceful contemporary architecture comprised of natural local materials provides a backdrop to the phenomenal natural setting, and the house is embellished with luxurious comforts and custom designed hand-crafted furniture. Brazilian “ipe” wood and local “são tome” stone provides richness and warmth against the clean white surfaces which dapple and change with the light.
The heart of the home is a two-level integrated living room, dining room, kitchen and entertaining area. The large double height living area has huge sliding glass doors that can be completely opened up to the garden and infinity edge pool, which appears to empty into the bay below, famous for its amazing sunsets. An additional living area and a bar also share the modern space with a 14-seat home theatre in the mezzanine. The five bedrooms are accessed via a courtyard garden replete with gurgling fountains and gentle waterfalls, and come with white linens, air-conditioning, bathrooms and private balconies commanding breathtaking natural ocean views.
Outside of the house, you can spend your time laying by the infinity pool and deck dotted with sunbeds and eight mini palms (which add shade and a tropical soundtrack to accompany the soothing breezes), enjoying poolside lunches in the gazebo, relaxing in the shaded outdoor lounge area, or simply admiring the breathtaking view over Ferradura Bay.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families. Young children are allowed, but not recommended.
“The house is a 10; it’s a Frank Lloyd Wright inspired design on a cliff overlooking Insolito bay on one side and the Atlantic on the other…and the the staff is wonderful." - RR, USA
VILLA 86 ACCOMMODATION
• Dining Area: Hardwood dining table for 10 | long serving table (made from an antique cheese making table) | white leather arm chairs | panoramic window | bar with three wooden backed high-stalls | wet bar with all cocktail equipment, fridge & sink
• Kitchen: Fully equipped modern kitchen | electric oven & large fridge + freezer | separate wine cellar in another part of the house
• Main Sitting Area: One wall is made entirely of glass, which lets in tons of light and has views of the pool, bay & ocean | polished hardwood floors | open staircase descending from main entrance | two oversized 4-person sofas, poofs, half daybed & low hardwood coffee table | guest bathroom | large sound system with iPod dock
• Home Cinema: Very impressive cinema | large surround-sound TV with Cable, DirecTV & DVD player | sofas, oversized daybeds, hardwood chairs, love seat & additional seating in front of the TV
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Double bed | ensuite bathroom | walk-in closets | large deck with deck chair | huge panoramic windows stretching across one wall, with fantastic ocean views
• Bedroom 2: Next door to Bedroom 1 (slightly smaller) | double bed with white linens | ensuite bathroom | walk-in closet with floor to ceiling mirror | hardwood floors | veranda with ocean views
• Bedroom 3 + 4 (Double suite): Two bedrooms | one small doubled-bedded room with a veranda + one small twin-bedded children's room (only bedroom with no ocean view) | both with blackout blinds, hardwood floors & A/C | shared bathroom with walk-in shower & small window with garden view
• Bedroom 5 (one level down): Medium-sized room | double bed | ensuite bathroom | good-sized balcony with great view | blackout blinds, hardwood floors & silent A/C | most 'Brazilian' & colorful of all the rooms | closest to the living area
• Swimming Pool & Garden: Pool of approx. 14m x 4m | sandstone patio surrounded by 8 sunbeds & mini palms | cane-shaded gazebo with open BBQ area (churrascaria) & 8-person wooden table, ideal for pool lunches | lounge area with low over-stuffed white lounge sofas for 12 people | views of Ferradura Bay
Situated less than 125 miles from Rio de Janeiro, Armação dos Búzios is the ultimate weekend getaway for Cariocas (natives of Rio). A small rustic fishing community, Búzios became popular in the 60’s as a beach escape for Rio’s rich and famous (Brigitte Bardot was even photographed there on holiday, putting Búzios firmly on the map). The area has experienced rapid growth over the last 15 years, however it has retained its charm by controlling development and allowing only low-rise construction.
Beyond the 23 different beaches on the peninsula - best explored by beach buggy or by one of the schooners that tours the bay daily - there are many other activities including diving, surfing, fishing, water sports, boat charters, hiking, horseback riding and golf.
Rua das Pedras, a cobble-stoned road in the center of the town, runs along the shore and boasts charming restaurants and bars, chic shopping, and a vibrant nightlife scene.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Not Child Friendly
- Hot Tub
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, good local cook, maintenance man.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen and boatmen (for rented boats) may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from both airports in Rio upon request (the drive is around 2.5 hours from the International Airport with no traffic. During holiday periods it can take significantly longer). Búzios has its own small airport, and helicopter and private plane charters are also available upon request. Car hire in Búzios is recommended while staying at this house.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches around Búzios. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 3,500 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights for Low Season, 5 nights for High Season, and 7 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service, good local cook and maintenance man
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.