- All destinations
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The villa is a chic four-bedroom house offering a great mix of both privacy and space, as well as a perfect location just a few minutes walk to both the Quadrado in the center of town, and the nearest beach. It is a dream holiday house on the level of a modern luxury hotel, mixing contemporary luxury with a cool industrial vibe.
The 400m2 house was originally a ceramic workshop/atelier and has retained many of the industrial features, such as the original kiln. The stylish decor is a bohemian mix of local materials, furniture and one off articles designed by local craftsmen and artists, setting a quirky and modern tone.
There are four bright air-conditioned bedrooms with their own bathrooms, a spacious living room, dining room, fully equipped kitchen, and a fantastic indoor/outdoor living space based around the original kiln.
The property is located at the end of a quiet street and appears unassuming from the outside. Past the front door, flanked on both sides by large windows, the entrance leads down into the wide open plan kitchen, and then down more steps into a vaulted space, which is pierced by the original structural columns made of fabulous thick local wooden beams. The vaulted space is broken into various separate seating areas for dining, reading, watching TV, and playing board games.
The outside living space, a small courtyard, and three of the four bedrooms are accessed from the spacious open plan kitchen and living area. The large fourth bedroom is situated opposite the house along one side of the pool, and can be used as a comfortable bedroom, office or pool house.
The covered, multi-level indoor/outdoor living area features the very striking original kiln, which has continued to be used as a fireplace. It faces the lush tropical gardens and the bright blue infinity swimming pool, which quietly disappears into the surrounding jungle. You will want to pass your time in this outdoor lounge, as it is the perfect place for BBQs (churrascos) or watching the sunset while sipping cocktails with friends.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children, and offers all the modern conveniences and entertainment features one would need. It is also perfect for honeymooners.
VILLA 9 ACCOMMODATION
• Kitchen: Fully equipped, open-plan kitchen | breakfast table to one side | steps leading down into a large living area
• Living Room: Situated below the kitchen | thick local wooden beams and various seating areas for relaxing and dining | HD Cable TV with DVD player | iPod dock + audio system | selection of books and games
• Dining Room: Open-plan dining room with large wooden dining table | separate small seating area to the side
• Bedroom 1: King-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | A/C
• Bedroom 2: King-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | A/C | access from the kitchen
• Separate structure situated next to the pool, opposite the main house, which contains two more suites
• Bedroom 3: Queen-size bed with mosquito net (can be converted into twin beds) | ensuite bathroom | A/C
• Bedroom 4: Queen-size bed with mosquito net (can be converted into twin beds) | ensuite bathroom | A/C
• Living + Dining Area: Multi-level covered space with large kiln, churrascaria (BBQ area), dining table & seating spaces
• Swimming Pool: Bright blue infinity swimming pool with a spacious wooden deck and deck chairs; facing a beautiful lush tropical garden
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Parking for 2 cars
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Maid service from Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm). Private 24-hour street security.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential, while staying at this house. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,100 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, 5 nights for Carnival and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service and maintenance
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.