- All destinations
- Punta del Este
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | PLAYA BRAVA, PUNTA DEL ESTE
There are luxury apartments and then there's the Acqua Building, built and designed with no regard for cost by Rafael Viñoly, the architect responsible for 20 Fenchurch Street, the re-design of Battersea Power Station in London and the magnificent Carrasco Airport in Montevideo, amongst hundreds of other well-known projects. The building, which takes up most of a block, contains just 34 luxury condos, the five largest of which (including Villa 110) have full-sized infinity pools and a footprint of over 1,200m2 (including the decks). The design and decoration of the villa perfectly compliments the building, and the bright living space is modern and filled with light. The communal areas are open-plan, which gives the sensation of being in a glorious light-filled loft in front of the ocean, which in turn leads out onto the vast terrace and swimming pool.
The feel of the property is of sleek opulence and is ideal for clients who enjoy being part of the local scene and are looking to entertain in style.
Edificio Acqua is a six-story luxury residential complex that faces the South Atlantic Ocean in Uruguay’s beachfront resort of Punta del Este. The building features a terraced elevation that steps back floor by floor, resembling a large staircase leading residents directly to the water’s edge. These setbacks not only minimize the structure’s overall mass when viewed from the beach, but also enable the creation of four “manor” and two “penthouse” apartments—spacious, single-floor units that include private terraces and swimming pools, with a total living area ranging from 6,750 to 9,050 gross ft2 (627 to 841 gross square meters + terraces). With the combination of infinity pools that seem to extend to the ocean, abundant glazing on the three ocean-view sides, and the building setbacks that obscure views of the other units, each “manor” seems like an isolated residence.
“For me, Edificio Acqua has a special meaning,” says Rafael Viñoly, “as it is the first project I have completed in my native country of Uruguay. Its design reflects the uniqueness and beauty of its fashionable surroundings. Spectacular views create a sense of openness and accessibility, and the innovative use of materials and space produces a timeless architectural message.”
What this translates to for those lucky enough to rent the villa, is an opportunity for well-heeled guests to enjoy an apartment of great luxury and comfort that far outstrips anything offered by even the best local hotels. There are four suites, including two Masters, with vast marble bathrooms, walk-in showers and baths (in all four suites), all of which have high quality linens and towels, balconies, split A/C and floor-to-ceiling windows (accompanied of course with blackout blinds). The living space is at the front of the apartment facing south, opening onto the vast terrace and swimming pool and overlooking the beach and ocean.
Floor-to-ceiling windows flood the apartment with light, and this is reflected in the use of white marble, polished white tile floors and large mirrors in the sitting area that reflect back the blue horizon of sea and sky. To the left (as you enter the apartment and looking out to sea) is a well-appointed kitchen ideal for those who love to cook together, but which can also be closed off for more formal meals. The wooden dining table is on this side as well and seats 12 guests in a mix of cantilevered dining chairs and armchairs. There is ample seating in the main sitting rooms with sofas and armchairs covered in heavy, neutral-toned cottons that perfectly suit their beachfront surrounds. A smaller sitting room with cowhide clad armchairs and a chaise-lounge is the perfect spot to read or enjoy a quiet post-lunch siesta. Nestled in the darkness at the center of the apartment is a home-theatre.
The huge deck is of course the main feature of the apartment and the infinity pool is both deep and long enough to accommodate those who like to swim for exercise. Further seating is offered on both sides of the deck under large canvas shades, and there are comfortable sun beds set on the wooden deck at the lip of the pool.
There is a fifth twin bedroom in the apartment for a live-in babysitter or other staff, as well as an additional staff room on the ground floor if required. The apartment has good WiFi connection, cable TV channels, full laundry service available, and offers two car-parking spots in the garage.
The Acqua Building has 24-hour security and all common areas are monitored, including a fitness center, spa and outdoor pool. All residents and only those authorized by the owners or guests in the building are permitted entry. There is also a pleasant stretch of beach in front of the building with a lively beach-bar/restaurant called Mia Bistro, serving good drinks, snacks and grilled food.
VILLA 110 ACCOMMODATION
All communal & social areas are open-plan
• Open-Plan Living Room: Front of the apartment | floor-to-ceiling windows with beach & ocean views | opens onto the private terrace & pool
• Main Sitting Room: Neutral-toned sofas, arm chairs & additional seating | large mirrors, white floors & white marble accents
• Small Sitting Room: Chaise-lounge + cowhide clad armchairs
• Kitchen: Left of entrance | well-appointed | can be closed off for formal meals
• Dining Area: Left of entrance | 12-person wooden dining table + armchairs
• Home Theater: Center of apartment
• Terrace + Deck: Large private wooden terrace | ocean & beach views | ample seating under large canvas shades
• Swimming Pool: Large infinity pool | ocean & beach views | deck with comfortable sun beds at the lip of the pool
All bedrooms come with split A/C and high quality linens & towels
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite 1): Double bed | marble bathroom with walk-in shower + bath | balcony | floor-to-ceiling windows with blackout blinds
• Bedroom 2 (Master Suite 2): Double bed | marble bathroom with walk-in shower + bath | balcony | floor-to-ceiling windows with blackout blinds
• Bedroom 3: Double bed | marble bathroom with walk-in shower + bath | balcony | floor-to-ceiling windows with blackout blinds
• Bedroom 4: Double bed | marble bathroom with walk-in shower + bath | balcony | floor-to-ceiling windows with blackout blinds
• Bedroom 5 + 6 (Babysitter/Staff Room): Twin bedroom located on the ground floor
• Direct Beach Access
• 24-hour Security
• Fitness Center
• Outdoor Pool
• Garage: 2 parking spots
• Mia Bistro: Beach-bar/restaurant on beach in front of building
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Parking for 2 cars
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Fully-Staffed: Daily maid service, professional young local chef, 24-hour building security and assistance of an English-speaking local host/concierge.
Additional professional cooks, barman, babysitters, etc. may provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Punta del Este airport upon request for an additional cost. Car hire is recommended while staying in this location.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOP
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen with a pre-arrival customized grocery and wine shop with handpicked premium, fresh local ingredients. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food and cold drinks, and the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH Host on day of arrival (up to 4 hours)
• Daily maid service
• Customized pre-arrival grocery shop
• Domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Local taxes (6%)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.