- All destinations
8 BEDROOMS | 20 GUESTS | MARAÚ/BARRA GRANDE, BAHIA
The villa is a luxury eco-resort located in the Northeastern state of Bahia. With eight beautiful bungalows, a crystal clear swimming pool, a delicious restaurant, and extensive tropical gardens, it is the ultimate getaway for those seeking adventure, relaxation and luxurious accommodation.
Situated on the Maraú Peninsula and 15 kilometers from the nearest village of Barra Grande, the villa is in a very private location surrounded by white-sand beaches, freshwater lakes, rain forests and local indigenous tribes. The entire region is part of a protected conservation area, and is therefore free of commercial development or high-rise buildings – just natural beauty. The entire structure is eco-friendly and has practically no carbon footprint, an outstanding example of eco-luxury in South America.
There are eight beautifully decorated bungalows on the property, each with their own balconies and lush garden views. The bamboo and reclaimed nut-wood walls and thatched roofs of the bungalows meld into the jungle, while the interiors showcase art from around the world.
The villa, located on the ocean side of the property, is the main building where you will find three suites, the bar and the hotel restaurant, Anna Banana, which serves French, Asian and Brazilian fusion cuisine. The balcony of Anna Banana is the perfect place to take in the views of the ocean, read a book or enjoy a snack. There are many other areas to spend your time, including the crystal clear swimming pool, the pavilion where you can relax during the day or sip cocktails in the evening, and the extensive gardens, which have hammocks and recliners perfect for lounging any time of the day.
The villa is the ultimate spot for groups of friends looking to have fun, families looking for adventure, and is also great for events - including corporate team building trips, yoga workshops or family reunions.
VILLA 47 ACCOMMODATION
• Ana Banana Restaurant: French, Asian & Brazilian fusion cuisine | great ocean-view balcony
• Hotel Bar
• Family Playroom
• Coruja Suite: Island queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | separate WC | private balcony overlooking the pool & gardens | romantic energy in the room
• Lua Suite: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom | private balcony overlooking the pool & gardens | warm-colored interior décor
• Aurora Suite: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | private balcony with ocean views | beautiful room with warm furnishings & raw wood accents | one of the most popular suites
All bungalows are decorated with Moroccan and French style interior décor
• Almirante Bungalow: King-size bed | ensuite bathroom with outdoor shower on a private balcony | additional balcony overlooking the garden | over 56 m² (largest & most luxurious bungalow)
• Atlas Bungalow: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | located in the garden | pool-view | green décor | beautiful wooden floors
• Esmeralda Bungalow: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | located in the garden | private balcony with garden & jungle views | private feel with warm lighting + wood & marble furniture
• Sara Bungalow: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | shared balcony with the Agra Bungalow | decorated with warm tones & natural timbers | one of the most popular rooms
• Agra Bungalow: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom | shared balcony with the Sara Bungalow (both can be booked together)
OUTDOORS + ACTIVITIES
• Swimming Pool: Crystal clear pool surrounded by palm trees
• Relaxation Pavilion
• Gardens: Tropical gardens with hammocks & bamboo recliners
• Activities: Snorkeling | diving | surfing | paddle boarding | biking | nature trails | waterfalls | whale-watching
Butterfly House is situated on the Maraú Peninsula, at the point where the Camamu Bay (the third biggest bay in Brazil) meets the sea. The Maraú Peninsula is a paradise of pristine beaches, fresh water lakes, tropical forests, extensive rivers and beautiful waterfalls. The small fishermen's village is enriched by a diverse group of people from all across the globe - from Brazilian designers, Italian filmmakers, Swiss architects, to American artists - who came to Maraú to escape the world for just a few days...or weeks.
The charming village of Barra Grande is 15 km away and offers a variety of entertainment options, including many lovely restaurants.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Good for Events
- 20 Guests
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
Daily maid service (8am – 5pm)
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airport in Ilhéus or the international airport in Salvador. The house is accessible both by road and by boat, and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.