- All destinations
- José Ignacio
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | JOSÉ IGNACIO, URUGUAY
Located just meters from the beach and a few minutes from thriving bars and restaurants of Jose Ignacio, this luxurious contemporary four-bedroom villa is perfect for those looking for a private beach retreat, whilst still close to heart of the village.
Both the indoor and outdoor living areas of this property make it the ideal spot for entertaining and enjoying the spectacular views. The open plan living-cum-dining area with its fantastic fireplace in the middle has an entire side of floor-to-ceiling sliding windows that fill the space with light and overlook the swimming pool and luscious green landscape. The design of the kitchen is sleek and stylish with a stainless steel finish and is fully equipped.
Upstairs, the Master Suite with a king size bed offers further remarkable views as two glass walls make it seem like the room is floating, looking out on to the pool and treetops. The remaining bedrooms are also upstairs, one of which has a queen size bed and an en-suite bathroom, one with a double bed, and the remaining room with a king-size bed, which can also be set up as two twins.
The outdoor area of this villa is definitely the best feature of this coastal property. Spend your day relaxing by the pool, or soaking up some sun in the lounge chairs whilst enjoying the sea air. In the evenings you can enjoy a typical Uruguayan “asado” on the “parilla” (BBQ grill) and unwind with a cocktail at the comfy seating area nearby, or at the dining table near the pool. To top this off there is a rooftop deck with a fireplace!
The extensive living areas of this house make it one of the most sought after properties in the area, lending itself to both family and friends.
VILLA 115 ACCOMMODATION
• Living/Dining Room: Open-plan | fireplace | floor-to-ceiling windows | whitewashed walls | wooden floors | large sofa | dining table and chairs for 8 | Cable TV and DVD player | iPod dock
• Kitchen: Stainless steel finish | fully equipped
• Bedroom 1 (Master): King-size bed | en-suite bathroom | two glass walls offer panoramic sea views | rattan chair
• Bedroom 2: Queen-size bed | en-suite bathroom
• Bedroom 3: King-size bed (can also be set up as two twins) | en-suite bathroom
• Bedroom 4: Double bed | en-suite bathroom
• Swimming pool: Sun loungers
• Decked area: Large wooden benches | outdoor dining area | parilla (BBQ grill)
• Beach: 150 meters away
• Roof top terrace: Fireplace
The physical appearance of this small town has changed little over the past decade. For much of the year, the sandy streets of the former fishing village on the country’s Atlantic coast are silent and un-trodden, the avant-garde designer houses half-hidden behind modest fishing shacks, and tumbledown cottages shuttered and empty. Even its grassy plaza is unadorned by anything more showy than a bed of lavender. Yet once a year, artists, aristocrats, and A-list celebrities transform the coastline into South America’s most exclusive — yet determinedly rustic — year-end enclave.
Described as one of the hippest places on the planet at New Year and there is little doubt that, along with Trancoso in North-east Brazil, José Ignacio can make a strong claim on being the hottest place in South America to party in the New Year. First impressions of José Ignacio, the pueblo, is that it looks like a film set and this feeling is only heightened by the glamorous extras that throng the streets, cafes and the two beaches, the mansa and the brava. Nestled in sand dunes overlooking an endless beach, Parador La Huella is everyone’s favourite restaurant and its tables and bar are packed from the time it opens at midday until it closes sometime in the early hours. The menu is perfect for the beach – grilled brotola (a substantial white-fish that gets hauled from the ocean in front of the restaurant), crispy-thin pizzas, oven-charred baby squid, a sushi bar and, of course, the best steaks in the world are perennials on a menu that otherwise changes daily – and the service is snappy and informal. Prices are fair even in high season, the coffee reaches the table piping hot and the rosé is served icy cold. If only all beach bars were made this way. The only price to pay is the wait for a table in the season, not least as the secret is out about this part of the coast.
Yet, even at the busiest times when parked Porsches and SUV’s clog the sandy streets, there are still good and rather more down-to-earth options available. Manolo’s, the world’s most glamorous butcher’s shop, sells huge milanesa sandwiches to bikini-clad beauties and further up the street the little supermarket does a brisk trade in iced champagne, emapanadas, cigarettes and freshly baked bread. Despite the increasing hype and invariable comparisons to Ibiza or the Hamptons, Marbella or St Tropez, ‘as they were back in the day’, it’s a place that hasn’t sold out and clearly hasn’t lost its soul. This, I am sure, is down to Uruguay herself, the most down-to-earth, least pretentious country in the region, whose greatest asset is its people. It is true this coast has the feel of a previous era when the world was a simpler, better place: the endless under-developed coastline; the absence of drunken hordes by night; empty beaches by day; all coupled with the fact that it still not that easy to get to from anywhere else. But what it is most of all, it’s essence, is that it this little corner of South America still has a style that is all of its own that rubs its magic dust on everyone who visits. Prepare to be seduced.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Daily maid service
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers from the Punta del Este airport (40 min) and the Montevideo airport (less than 2 hours) can be arranged upon request for an additional cost..
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• Customized pre-arrival grocery shop
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.