CASA BEIJA FLOR
- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | CANAVIERAS, SOUTHERN BAHIA
A short distance along the beach from the picturesque village of Canavieras, the villa is one of the most idyllic rental properties in Brazil. It combines an unbeatable beachfront location, with hugely comfortable accommodation, as well as proximity to the lovely local village. Set back from the beach to ensure privacy, the house is set amid the shade of mature coconut trees and enjoys 200m of beach-front.
The villa was designed by renowned Brazilian architect, Ricardo Salem, has succeeded in creating one of the most effortlessly relaxing beach houses in this part of the world. Some highlights of the luxurious house are the infinity pool and hardwood deck, BBQ area, indoor/outdoor dining areas and sitting rooms, home cinema, and five beautiful bedrooms. Four of the large bedrooms come with polished white cement floors, balconies, and spacious private bathrooms. On the top floor is the airy master bedroom with beach views, a private terrace, hardwood floors, and a bathroom with walk-in showers that takes up half the floor.
Beyond the spacious bedrooms and communal areas is the beautiful exterior. Bougainvilleas wrap around an open staircase leading from the back of the house to the hardwood deck and beach-view infinity pool. There is a state-of-the-art BBQ under a shaded pergola, and a separate deck swathed in hammocks.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages. It is the perfect place for those looking to get away from it all and relax in remote but extremely luxurious surroundings.
"The staff were truly delightful – very hard working, kind and always good natured - keen to make sure we had a lovely holiday. Rozinha is a great cook. We loved the house, very comfortable and having the pool was a luxury. We swam and body surfed in the sea all day long, river fished with Bigode and most days we went riding too.” - JS, UK
VILLA 36 ACCOMMODATION
• Kitchen: Enclosed, fully equipped kitchen | professional cooker, stove, microwave, ice maker & large fridges | service area off the back with washer+dryer
• Open-sided Dining + Living Room: Covered, open-plan dining + living area with large | comfortable couches & 10-person dining table | opens onto a beach-view hardwood deck
• Home Cinema: Cable TV with DVD player + extensive film collection
• Sitting Room: Comfortable couches | opens onto a separate deck with hammocks • Enclosed Larder + Cellar
• Bedroom 1 + 2: Queen-sized beds with mosquito nets | large ensuite bathrooms with powerful showers | polished, non-slip white cement floors | private balconies with ocean views | A/C | 40m2
• Bedroom 3 + 4: Twin beds with mosquito nets | ensuite large bathrooms with powerful showers | polished, non-slip white cement floors | private balconies with garden views | A/C | 40m2
• Bedroom 5 (Master Suite): King-sized bed | huge ensuite bathroom with large walk-in showers + twin wash basins | well-ventilated closet space | beautiful hardwood floors | 3 walls of windows that allow the sea breeze to come through | spacious private terrace with great beach views
• Bougainvillea-wrapped open staircase leading from the back to the front of the house
• Beach: Beachfront location | "Foot in the sand" | fishing boat available for extra charge
• Swimming Pool: Infinity pool (approx. 15m x 5m x 1.5m deep) | built-in steps | surrounded by a hardwood wrap-around deck with teak sun loungers, hammocks & beach views
• Covered BBQ Area
• Garden: Organic fruit & vegetable orchard
Even in Brazil, few people have heard of the little coastal village of Canavieras in Southern Bahia. Of those who have, its probably for the quality of the abundant fresh fish and seafood. The picturesque village is 2km away from Casa Beija Flor and has a pretty colonial port with pastel-colored mansions lining the waterfront, as well as some of the finest deep-sea fishing in South America, off the Royal Charlotte Bank (wahoo, tuna and Marlin up to 975lbs).
The golden-sanded beach that stretches for kilometers along the length of Atalaia Island is connected to the mainland by a small hump-backed bridge. The beach is ideal for beach-combers, surfers and kite surfers, and at the end of the day you can head to one of the great little beach restaurants to enjoy a feast of fresh shrimp and grilled snapper, washed down by a cold beer or caipirinha.
Visitors to Casa Beja Flor inevitably feel that they have ‘discovered’ Canavieras, a wonderfully laid-back and unspoilt village, yet to be tainted by international tourism.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 10 Guests
- 7 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Maid service from Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm). Total staff of five, including a cook, gardener, and three maids (one live-in).
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airport in Ilhéus.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can rented locally in Ilhéus and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,075 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• English-speaking house manager
• Daily maid service, housekeeper and a local cook
• Customized pre-arrival grocery shop
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH Host
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra cost and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.