CASA DAS ARTES
- All destinations
2 BEDROOMS | 4 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
Recently described by ELLE magazine as having an ambiance of Technicolor Tropicana, VILLA 138 is a visual spectacle to behold. Painted a violet-blue, with a hanging straw sculpture next to the front door, the outer walls sumptuously clash with the orange outdoor furniture. Upon entering the house, you are struck by an eclectically outfitted interior and energetic colour scheme. However, aside from the visually stimulating and avant-guard environment that the Casa emits, it is perfect for anyone looking to relax and enjoy the peaceful, tropical, Bahian lifestyle. Combining local artistic traditions with contemporary design the villa offers a guest experience that is both luxurious while remaining total in keeping with its environs.
The house has three independent suites (As well as an additional single room available). The bright, airy bedrooms feature interesting pieces of antique furniture. There are also two beautifully furnished bathrooms. The living room, kitchen, terrace and dining room are also decorated throughout in custom décor and antiques with great views of the now-famous Quadrado.
Guests can pass the time unwinding and relaxing on the veranda. Make for day bed on your return rom the beach to siesta as the evening chases the sun away and enjoy the garden, rich with tropical birds and smells. Dine al-fresco in an intimate, outside dining area (although the best of Trancoso’s restaurants are on your doorstep) or take a bath in the vintage outdoor bathtub or shower. There is a hand-made charm here by the bucket-load.
The property has private breakfast service, daily house keeping, and access to Concierge and Spa/Fitness Center (on request). Operated with hotel services on specific periods with access to beach beds, the hotel pool and spa.
VILLA 138 ACCOMMODATION
• Entrance Hall
• Living/Dining Room: Open-plan | Vibrant colour décor and art-work | Patio Dining | hand-crafted furniture | Beautiful wooden frame integrating the garden into the living area
• 2 bathrooms
• Kitchen: fully kitted out with wooden bar | fridge/freezer + gas oven + coffee machine
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): King-sized 4-poster-bed with mosquito net | high-quality towels & linens | towel robes | vibrant colours
• Bedroom 2: double 4-poster bed with mosquito net | high-quality towels & linens | split air-conditioning
• Bedroom 3: Single 4-poster bed with mosquito net (not advertised but available on request
• 2 private patio areas | outside sofa’s and hammocks | dining table al fresco | vintage bathtub and shower | Ofuro | outdoor picnic area
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers). The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Hot Tub
- 5 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
Breakfast served in house. Parking and daily housekeeping services.
Car rental | restaurant reservations | chef in Casa | bike rentals | horse rides | boat trips | Child-care services. Services have additional fee.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 3 nights for High Season & Holidays, 5 nights for Carnival and 7 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• Elaborate Bahian breakfast
• Fitness center and parking available on request and subject to availability
• Reserved sofa at UXUA beach lounge
• Airport transfers
• 10% UXUA service charge and 5% City tax
• Car hire (recommended)
• Food & beverages
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• Check-in: 3pm; Check-out: 12pm
• Booking Policy: Full pre-payment of rates and taxes, non-refundable.
• Cancellation Policy: Uxua does not reimburse or refund the amount deposited to confirm a booking. Cancellation fee varies according to the reservation period and the balance, when existing, will be available as a credit toward a future accommodation within 180 days from the cancellation date.