CASA DAS PEDRAS
- All destinations
3 BEDROOMS | 6 GUESTS | CENTRO HISTÓRICO, PARATY
Refurbished in 2010, the villa is a very stylish colonial house in the heart of Paraty's Centro Histórico, which has been decorated and restored to the standard of a Five Star hotel. The location gives unsurpassed access to life in the old town - the little cafes and bars, good seafood restaurants, shady squares, and cobblestone streets that lead to the old port where boats wait to take visitors around the Bay of Paraty.
The house sleeps up to six guests and has a total of three ensuite bedrooms with their own bathrooms (all bathroom equipment is of the highest standard available). Two of the bedrooms are on the ground floor (one twin, one double) and a master suite is on the first floor mezzanine overlooking the open-plan living room below. The whole ground floor has been designed in a modern loft style with the open-plan living/dining room and kitchen all integrated with a courtyard deck, which makes the otherwise large space feel intimate. The light and spacious living/dining area has dazzling white polished-cement floors, over-sized white sofas, and hardwood tables and chairs, and is integrated with the fully-equipped kitchen, which has all brand new appliances. In the living area is a glass wall that can be folded back to give access to the courtyard deck, which has a Jacuzzi and orchid garden.
The villa is ideal for anyone looking to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, without compromising any of the modern comforts and conveniences. It is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages.
"The house exceeded all expectations. I could’ve easily spent a week there. We loved the house, the furnishings, the views, and the linens” - Deborah Dunn, Conde Nast Traveller
VILLAS 56 ACCOMMODATION
The ground floor is designed in a modern loft style connecting the living room, dining room, kitchen & courtyard garden together
• Living Room: Spacious & light open-plan living room | white, polished-cement floors | oversized white sofas & one large red chair | tropical art | TV | A/C | glass wall that can be folded back to give access to the courtyard
• Dining Room: Connected to the living room | shares the same white, polished-cement floors | hardwood table & chairs for six people | tropical art | A/C
• Kitchen: Next to the dining area | fully equipped with all brand new appliances (large cooker, stove, microwave, large fridge + freezer) | wooden cabinets & dark marble counter tops | service area with a washing machine off the back
• Bedroom 1: Twin beds with white linens | modern ensuite bathroom | A/C
• Bedroom 2: Queen-size bed with white linens | modern ensuite bathroom | A/C
• Overlooks the open-plan sitting room below
• Bedroom 3 (Master Suite): Queen-size bed with white linens | modern ensuite bathroom with a bathtub | A/C
• Surrounded by a stone wall
• Courtyard Garden
• Orchid Garden
• Wooden Deck with 4-person table
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Hot Tub
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, and housekeeper.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo. Alternatively, Paraty has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the house, and helicopter and private plane charters are also available upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 775 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, 5 nights for Carnival and 7 nights for High Season and New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service, and housekeeper
• Daily breakfast
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from Casa Paraty
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge, and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.