CASA DO MAR
- All destinations
6 BEDROOMS | 12 GUESTS | SACO DE MAMANGUÁ, PARATY
The villa is a beautiful six-bedroom secluded property sitting on its own private beach, with breathtaking mountain and ocean views. From the moment you get your first look at the house – from the air or from the sea – you realize it is something special.
Spread over 10 hectares of native forest, fruit trees and trails, the house is protected to the rear by the tallest mountain in the region, which completes a film-set location (the house was featured in the honeymoon scene of "Breaking Dawn", the last installment in the "The Twilight Saga" film series). Built entirely of wood – wooden tiled-roofs, decks and verandas - the house was the creation of Thiago Bernardes, the best know Brazilian architect of his generation who is responsible for many of the most important recently built beach houses in Brazil.
The property has six comfortable air-conditioned suites (four doubles, two twins) split between three stand-alone cabanas, and sleeps up to 12 guests. There is a two-story main pavilion where you will find a large open-plan living room, dining room, kitchen, and indoor/outdoor seating areas. The outdoor seating areas are found on the spacious deck, where you can relax and enjoy the incredible ocean and mountain views. There is also an 18m swimming pool and an open-sided pavilion built over the water, which is perfect for sun lounging, having lunch, or sipping cocktails. The extensive property even has a helipad and a river running through it, completing this tranquil retreat.
The villa is suitable for anyone who appreciates space, privacy and extreme luxury, and it is ideal for large groups of friends and families with children of all ages. The house also great for lovers of the "Twilight" movies!
VILLA 52 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room
• Dining Room
• Kitchen: Fully equipped with a cooker, stove, microwave, & large fridge + freezer | laundry area off the back
• Bedroom 1: Double bed | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | A/C
• Bedroom 2: Double bed | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | A/C
• Bedroom 3: Double bed | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | A/C
• Bedroom 4: Double bed | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | A/C
• Bedroom 5: Double bed | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | A/C
• Bedroom 6: Double bed | ensuite bathroom with L’Occitane toiletries | A/C
Property is surrounded by 10 hectares of native forest, fruit trees, trails and has a river running through it
• Private Beach Access
• Deck: Spacious covered deck with multiple couches, chairs & seating areas & BBQ
• Pavilion: Open-sided pavilion built over the water
• Swimming Pool: 18 meters | surrounded by a wooden deck with sun chairs
• Helipad: ‘Parking’ for 3 helicopters
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- Good for Events
- 12 Guests
- 6 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
Maid service, maintenance man and barman.
Additional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, and evening cover may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo. Alternatively, Paraty has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the house, and helicopter and private plane charters are available upon request. Boat transfers from Paraty to the house can also be arranged.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 2,800 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 2 nights throughout the year, 3 nights for High Season or Holidays, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff including a daily maid, barman & maintenance man
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra cost and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra cost and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.