CASA DO MORRO
- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 14 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The villa is a stunning five-bedroom beach house decorated with local antiques and natural fibers, emphasizing the outdoors with the fantastic ocean views, a pool and the nearby beach. A short walk down the hill from the house is the beach, which extends for miles in either direction, and the bars and restaurants of the Quadrado are also just a five-minute drive away.
The beautifully decorated main house has a large open-plan sitting and dining area, a fully-equipped kitchen, a TV room, four ensuite bedrooms, and a spacious outdoor veranda running across the entire length of the house, with multiple seating areas and great ocean views. The house also has a ping pong table and a record player.
There is an additional structure on the property, the “Tree House Suite”, with the fifth ensuite bedroom, a sitting room and a veranda, which was designed by the same team as the stylish UXUA Hotel.
From the main house there are steps down to the garden where you will find a large infinity swimming pool, a wet-bar and BBQ area with a wood-burning pizza oven. There is also a charming outdoor lounge covered by a bougainvillea-clad pergola, and a separate pavilion slung with hammocks that is perfect for an afternoon siesta.
The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages.
VILLA 3 ACCOMMODATION
• Sitting + Dining Room: Large open-plan sitting & dining area with large glass doors opening onto a veranda
• TV Lounge: Flat screen Cable TV with DVD player | three iPod docs & CD player | large selection of DVDs, CDs & board games | pool table | bathroom with a shower
• Kitchen: Open-plan | fully equipped with cooker, stove, microwave, dish washer, large fridge + freezer & BBQ | laundry area off the back
• Veranda: Wide veranda with sofas & tables running along the front of the house | great views of the ocean & pool | steps down to the garden
• Bedroom 1: Queen-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | private balcony
• Bedroom 2: Queen-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | private balcony
• Bedroom 3: Queen-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | private balcony
• Bedroom 4: 6 bunk beds with mosquito nets | ensuite bathroom | A/C
• Tree House Suite (Bedroom 5): King-size bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom | sitting room | veranda | A/C | very private
• Swimming Pool: Large infinity pool (kidney shaped with built-in steps, approx. 18m long x 1.2m deep) | wet bar with refrigerator | BBQ pavilion + pizza oven | chairs, cushions & pillows | bathroom
• Garden: Accessed via steps from the main house
• Lounge: Charming outdoor lounge with sofas | covered by a bougainvillea-clad pergola
• Pavilion: Separate thatched pavilion slung with hammocks & pool table
• Soccer Field
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 14 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 7 Bathrooms
English speaking housekeeper (she cleans and cooks for up to 4 guests, with more than 4 guests extra help must be booked) and maintenance man.
Additional professional cooks, barman, maids, babysitters, and drivers may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customised grocery shop prior to your vacation. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks, and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival. There is no charge for this service other than the cost of the food and drink.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,625 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• English-speaking house manager (she cleans and cooks for up to 4 guests, for more than 4 guests extra help must be booked) and maintenance man
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.