CASA DO PESCADOR
- All destinations
2 BEDROOMS | 4 GUESTS | ILHA DO ARAÚJO, PARATY
The villa is a two-bedroom restored fisherman’s cottage located on Ilha do Araújo, an island 10km to the north of the colonial town of Paraty. The house is set in a 16,000m2 area of gardens and forest, with the garden leading right down to the waters edge where the shore is lined with large rocks. One of the rocks is used as a rock-pier and fitted with a swimming pool ladder that makes it easy to swim in front of the house. Just down the shore is the little beach of Salvador Moreira, which is also ideal for swimming.
Set 12m above sea level, the house has two bedrooms (one double and one twin), an open-plan sitting and dining area, a fully stocked small kitchen, and a bathroom with a gas-powered shower, as well as two outdoor fresh-water showers that use water directly from the houses own spring (drinking water from the tap also comes from the spring). In front of the house there is a covered porch that runs the length of the house and is surrounded by a wonderful garden with fruit trees that is a haven for tropical birds. The porch faces out to sea and offers breathtaking sunrise views, which are best enjoyed while relaxing in one of the hammocks or sipping an early morning cup of coffee at the breakfast table.
The villa is suitable for couples or small groups of friends and families looking to escape the stresses of the modern world and unwind by the sea. However, the house is simple by design and therefore would not suit those looking for modern luxuries or conveniences.
VILLA 50 ACCOMMODATION
• Dining Area: Directly to the left of the entrance | small space with a wooden table, benches & 2 chairs
• Kitchen: Behind the dining area | small but fully equipped with large fridge, gas cooker & all other equipment
• Sitting Room: Directly to the right of the entrance & next to bedrooms | cosy sitting area with a bench
• Bedroom 1: Queen-size bed with white linens | 2 windows facing the garden & ocean | shared bathroom with a bathtub & gas-powered shower
• Bedroom 2: Twin beds with colorful linens | bedside table in the middle | 2 windows facing the garden | shared bathroom with a bathtub & gas-powered shower
• Front Porch: In front of the house facing the ocean | covered porch running the length of the house | 2 hammocks | 4-person breakfast table | 2 chairs | surrounded by a wonderful garden with fruit trees
• Rock Pier: Right on the waters edge | swimming pool ladder | aluminum launch + boat
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Outdoor Seating
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 1 Bathroom
Daily maid service, she can also cook. Boatman who pilots the motor boat.
Additional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, and evening cover may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo. Alternatively, Paraty has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the house, and helicopter and private plane charters are available upon request. Boat transfers in and out from Paraty to the house are included. Other boat transfers can also be arranged for an extra charge.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 350 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, 5 nights for High Season and 7 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service (she can also cook)
• Transfers by boat to and from the villa (from the Marina, at the arrival and departure)
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Other transfers or boat rides
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an charge of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.