CASA DO SAPE
- All destinations
- Angra dos Reis
8 BEDROOMS | 18 GUESTS | MANGARATIBA, ANGRA DOS REIS
Embedded in luscious green rainforest and almost blended into its leafy surroundings, you will come across the treetop paradise of the villa. Located in Condominium Itaóca, about 120km from Rio de Janeiro, this property has its own private-access beach, jetty and helicopter pad. A minute’s walk away, and you can find yet more beaches and picturesque views of the endless rainforest that wraps across the horizon. It’s the perfect Angra base.
Angra dos Reis literally means “Kings’ Cove”, and you can see why it earns this title. Famous for infinite shades of blue and green crystalline waters, over 2,000 beaches and 300 islands, the bay and islands are best explored by boat, stopping off at excellent fish and seafood restaurants on route.
Despite having so much to explore on your doorstep, guests will be hard pushed to leave the haven of this magnificent property. Built essentially from quariquara wood and with traditional thatched roofing, a bright open-plan interior of wood and glass displays the house’s surroundings to maximum effect . The effortlessly modern and minimal interiors are created without sacrificing any creature comforts and the décor is complemented by brightly hued paintings and elegant wooden sculptures peppered throughout the property. The interior is also subtly imprinted with warm, colonial character through the use of tiling and wooden beams.
The villa is able to receive up to 18 guests in eight suites, comprising of three king size beds, two double beds and eight single beds. All rooms have their own veranda and picturesque views of the beach and garden, black-out curtains, air conditioning and mosquito screens.
The generously sized kitchen is a bright, open and modern space and comes fully equipped.
Guests can choose to dine al-fresco on either the veranda or balcony, as both have dining tables.
The ample living area with vast sofa space and modern décor offers another space for guests to relax together. Play pool with family and friends using the vintage pool table. Sleek, minimal furniture is refreshingly juxtaposed with vibrant paintings, vintage pieces, and varying textures of cowskin, wood and leather, giving the space great character.
An integral feature of the design of the property is the ubiquitous floor-to-ceiling glass windows. Due to the structural layout in the heart of the living area, these glass windows join to enclose around leafy outer foliage. This merges the limits between interiors and exteriors, as the the tropical sun and outlines of exotic foliage flood the living space.
An immense thatched roof structure covers the property, including the immense balcony, held aloft by pillars of majestic native tree trunks which lends the place a wonderfully organic and treetop feel; a perfect oasis for guests to relax and enjoy the evening with a caipirinha. Modern yet comfortable furniture is arranged across the vast wooden deck. The height and openness of the balcony places you right amidst rustling foliage. Only nets and minimal wooden bars separate guests from being in the heart of the rainforest. From here, guests can enjoy exquisite views of the hills and sea.
Outside a large swimming pool is bordered on one side by beautiful tropical gardens and by the sea on the other. Dappled evening sunlight plays through the leaves and casts an enchanting effect across the garden and pool. The organic, circular shape of the pool, with its arching wooden bridge, mirrors the natural surroundings. Sofas and deck chairs are dotted across the wide veranda. A Jacuzzi is also available for guests.
Facilities include a hometheatre with Sky satellite TV, music system throughout the house, dining room and bar, Wi-Fi, gym, pool table, boat house, stand-up paddle, powerboat charter access as required, BBQ area, modern kitchen and laundry facilities.
The house has a 'caseiro' who lives in his own house in the grounds.
A cook/chef and cleaning staff are available.
Boat charter can be arranged on request
VILLA 68 ACCOMMODATION
• Dining Room and bar: Open-plan | indoor dining table | outdoor veranda dining table | outdoor balcony dining table
• TV salon: Sky satellite TV | Music system throughout house | large sofa space • Kitchen: Modern | Open-plan | Fully equipped
• Bedroom 1: King bed | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Bedroom 2: King bed | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Bedroom 3: King bed | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Bedroom 4: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Bedroom 5: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Bedroom 6: Single beds | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Bedroom 7: Single beds | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Bedroom 8: Single beds | ensuite bathroom | private veranda with excellent beach or garden view | black out curtains | air-conditioning | mosquito screens
• Beach: located on the sea front | private beach and jetty | one minute walk access to other beaches and views
• Helicopter pad • Swimming Pool and Jacuzzi
• Tropical Garden
• Large balcony with stunning 360 degree views of rainforest reserve
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Child Friendly
- 18 Guests
- 8 Bedrooms
- 8 Bathrooms
The house has a 'caseiro' who lives in his own house on the grounds.
A cook/chef and cleaning staff are available.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Rio or São Paulo airport. Alternatively, there is a private helipad in the property, so you can take a private helicopter from Rio or São Paulo airport to the villa.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Angra dos Reis and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 2,900 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights for Low Season, 5 nights for High Season, 10 nights for New Year, and 7 nights for Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Live-in caseiro
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.