CASA LOS OLIVOS
- All destinations
- Pueblo Garzón
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | PUEBLO GARZÓN, URUGUAY
Set in the heart of the rural and rustic village of Garzón, just a block from the hotel and main square, this fantastic property has four bedrooms spread over three small houses, a large garden and pool.
The décor of the property is stylish yet simple and very much in style with its setting. The white walls and the large windows allow sunlight to fill the rooms, giving the place a bright and cheerful ambience. In the main casa there is one bedroom with a queen-size bed and an en-suite bathroom with a separate shower and bath, a large living area, fully equipped kitchen and a veranda. In the second casita, there are a further two bedrooms with queen-size beds that share a bathroom and a large veranda with dining area and two Javanese day beds, perfect for entertaining. In the pool house there is a further bedroom with a bunk bed and bathroom, best suited to children.
The village of Garzón is a short drive from the increasingly well known and fashionable beach village of José Ignacio, yet the village itself is set in gently rolling hills and unspoiled countryside and the sleepy hamlet seems like a throw back in time, a world away from the coastal party scene. It’s here that South America's best-known chef, Francis Mallmann, chose to locate his restaurant and charming 5-bedroom country hotel, which has been wildly praised from all corners. This acclaimed restaurant is a very pleasant 5 minute to the palm-lined plaza which in itself is a lovely place to linger with a drink or a book on one of its shaded benches.
The village is often toted in the press – and featured in the New York Times list of 52 destinations to visit in 2016 - as having a wild-west feel with horsemen riding by, single story houses, grazing Herefords and sandy roads. The surrounding countryside has been likened to a South American take on Tuscany, but with the development of the Garzón Bodega and winery it reminds us more of Napa, yet amid this rural scene you have superb restaurants in the village and the beaches, restaurants, glamour and buzz of José Ignacio just 25-odd minutes away and that can be dipped into when you feel like it. It’s a very pleasant mix and it makes for a great family holiday, a pampering romantic break or for a week's Epicurean indulgence with selected friends.
VILLA 105 ACCOMMODATION
• One bedroom with Queen-size bed
• Large Bathroom with separate shower and tub
• Living room
• A/C in living room and bedroom
• TV & DVD player (no cable channels)
• Ipod dock
• Veranda with tables and benches
• Two small bedrooms each with Queen-size beds
• Shared Bathroom with shower
• Large veranda with large dining table and two Javanese day beds
• One bedroom with bunk bed
• Washer and Dryer
Pueblo Garzón is close enough to the beaches and restaurants of Jose Ignacio (25 km) to be able to dip in and out of the best the coast has to offer at will and for house guests to enjoy a morning swim in the sea when the urge strikes. The nearest beach is about a 20-minute drive from the house and is virtually deserted even at the busiest times of the year. The water is bracing.
Laguna Garzón is a fantastic place to learn to windsurf and kite surf, sports which are taking Uruguay by force, as you will see on any breezy day on the coast.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- 8 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Daily maid service
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is essential and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (essential)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.