- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | PRAIA JOAO FERNANDES, ARMAÇÃO DOS BÚZIOS
Elegantly perched among lush green hills of João Fernandes, the property is situated on a quiet street near the beach and looks out to the turquoise waters of João Fernandes beach, one of the most exclusive and sought after areas of the Buzios peninsula. Buzios has been an integral and glamorous part of the party scene since the 60’s and now, more than ever, the Peninsula is enjoying a resurgence with a number of great new restaurants, boutique hotels, beach clubs and bars attracting a younger and hipper crowd ensuring the Peninsula’s claim as the one of the most sought after destinations on the Brazilian Coast.
The newly constructed luxury villa epitomizes modern and chic, with a largely open-plan interior and exterior. Constructed mainly with glass and wood, the property has a light and tranquil feel. All finishing and appliances are of the highest non-Brazilian quality. The house is surrounded by 4000m² of landscaped private grounds, with a spectacular ascent to the villa via a hand-laid rock driveway, complete with a mirante (look out point). Even the Brazilian film industry couldn’t keep away from the property; parts of the comedy ‘O Candidato Honesto’ were filmed there.
As with all large, open-plan homes, the focal point is the main living area. This house’s trendy living space, with elaborate flooring and imported furniture, is designed for guests to communally relax and entertain in. What stands out is its calm ambiance of breezy spaciousness. This is achieved by its total open-plan structure up to its wooden roof. Among the vastness of the white interior, flooded with natural light, character is injected with bursts of vibrant color from the chic artwork, and the different textures of furniture: (purple) velvet, leather, and wood. Another striking feature of the living space is its wooden furniture, which still retains its natural shape of the twisted trunk from which it was carved. The space thus feels in harmony with its forested surroundings.
The modern, open-plan and fully equipped kitchen has brand new, professional-quality appliances.
If the blissful surroundings of Búzios aren’t soothing enough, unwind in the house’s yoga studio, find zen by the indoor lake with its bamboo water fountain and Japanese koi, and relax in the fragrant garden surrounding staircase to upstairs bedrooms.
The interior and exterior of the property effortlessly merge, thanks to the entire front and pool-facing sides of the house fully opening to the outdoors with folding glass doors. Guests can enjoy the magical view of the surroundings and the legendary sunsets over the crystalline beaches of Azeta, Ossos and Armação.
Another focal point is the stunning infinity pool with its own water bar, and the lap pool that stretches across the length of the property, complete with outdoor shower. These pools both seamlessly merge with the glittering ocean and blue sky. Swimmers and loungers can indulge in a true feast for the eyes, as from all angles there are idyllic views of the surrounding rainforest, sea and horizon. The sleek wooden deck is peppered with deckchairs. Here, as day languidly turns to evening, guests can enjoy a caipirinha and bask in the golden Brazilian sunset.
The ample outdoor entertaining area, complete with gazebo, is dotted with fashionable sofas and deckchairs. Here, an additional dining table lets guests relax together and enjoy long, al-fresco meals, whilst taking in the magnificent view. An outdoor pizza oven and charcoal barbeque brings everyone together. Children can play in a specially built play area.
Wake up with the view and sound of the sea, thanks to abundant, large windows present in the five large bedrooms. They are all complete with air-conditioning, inbuilt wooden closets and modern ensuite bathrooms, which are clad with wood and white tiles. Four of the bedrooms are flanked with large verandas with breathtaking ocean views.
VILLA 92 ACCOMMODATION
• Oversized living area with a large and very well equipped TV room: integrated Bose home theatre system with a Sharp Aquos 90" 3D Tv, 3D Blue Ray, Dvd, Ipod docking station, Cable Tv (Sky), High speed Wi-fi and Apple Tv.
• Indoor dining area, and fully equipped kitchen with professional quality appliances
• Indoor lake with bamboo water fountain and Japanese koi garden surrounding the staircase to the upstairs bedrooms
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): King bed | ensuite bathroom with Jacuzzi | spacious walk-in closet | 55" Flat Screen Smart TV with home theatre | split air-conditioning
• Bedroom 2 - 4: Queen beds | ensuite bathroom | split air-conditioning
• Bedroom 5: 3 Bunks | Ideal for children | split air-conditioning
• Large wooden deck surrounding the pool and the house’s main floor
• Infinity pool (120m2) with water bar, child’s play area and outdoor shower
• Charcoal BBQ and DCS gas BBQ, and dining facilities
Situated less than 125 miles from Rio de Janeiro, Armação dos Búzios is the ultimate weekend getaway for Cariocas (natives of Rio). A small rustic fishing community, Búzios became popular in the 60’s as a beach escape for Rio’s rich and famous (Brigitte Bardot was even photographed there on holiday, putting Búzios firmly on the map). The area has experienced rapid growth over the last 15 years, however it has retained its charm by controlling development and allowing only low-rise construction.
Beyond the 23 different beaches on the peninsula - best explored by beach buggy or by one of the schooners that tours the bay daily - there are many other activities including diving, surfing, fishing, water sports, boat charters, hiking, horseback riding and golf.
Rua das Pedras, a cobble-stoned road in the center of the town, runs along the shore and boasts charming restaurants and bars, chic shopping, and a vibrant nightlife scene.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Two daily maids who clean and organise the house (8am – 4pm), and prepare breakfast.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from both airports in Rio upon request (the drive is around 2.5 hours). Búzios has its own small airport, and helicopter and private plane charters are also available upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,1515 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, and 7 nights for New Year and Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• Daily breakfast
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.