- All destinations
- José Ignacio
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | JOSÉ IGNACIO, URUGUAY
This glamorous five-bedroom beachfront villa is set right on the sand of one of the most sought after areas and exclusive coastal strip, Santa Monica Beach. It is just 5 minutes away from the chic fishing village José Ignacio that is home to many fabulous restaurants and boutiques.
The property is spaced over three floors and has been finished to the highest standard. On the ground floor there is a kitchen and a large open plan living-cum-dining area with floor-to-ceiling windows, which open on to semi-covered galleries and a large wooden deck offering spectacular sea views. There are two bedrooms located on the ground floor, both with en-suite bathrooms. Upstairs there is a fantastic Master Suite, which boasts a panoramic terrace and two further bedrooms with en-suites. Downstairs in the basement there is even a gym!
The outdoor living areas of this property are second to none and overlook the Atlantic Ocean. This house is perfect for entertaining with its semi-covered gallery with big sofas, a barbeque with a U-shaped casual dining area and an al fresco dining area. There is an L-shaped heated swimming pool surrounded by a large wooden deck, which has both parasols and sun loungers and direct access to a quasi-private beach with its own palapa.
Whether you prefer lounging by the pool or swimming in the sea, this luxurious house offers the best of both!
VILLA 114 ACCOMMODATION
• Entrance Hall
• Living/Dining Room: Ground floor | open-plan | floor- to-ceiling windows with beach views and direct access to outside | U-shaped sofas | large coffee table | wood-burning fireplace | round corner table | 42’’ LCD TV with home theatre and surround system
• Kitchen: Fully equipped | modern | island/breakfast bar
• Gym: Located in the basement
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): King-size bed | high-quality towels & linens | blackout curtains | split air-conditioning | fireplace | wireless phones | TV with DirecTV Plus | floor-to-ceiling windows | private wooden terrace | walk-in closet | living room with sofas, coffee table, LCD TV with DirecTV, wireless phone, I-pod dock, minibar and microwave | en-suite bathroom with Jacuzzi and TV | located on first floor facing the ocean
• Bedroom 2: Queen-size bed | en-suite bathroom | blackout curtains | high-quality towels & linens | split air-conditioning | located on first floor | ocean views
• Bedroom 3: Queen-size bed | en-suite bathroom | blackout curtains | high-quality towels & linens | split air-conditioning | located on first floor | ocean views
• Bedroom 4: Queen-size bed | en-suite bathroom | blackout curtains | high-quality towels & linens | walk-in wardrobe | located on ground floor | forest views
• Bedroom 5: Queen-size bed | en-suite bathroom | blackout curtains | high-quality towels & linens | walk-in wardrobe | located on ground floor | forest views
• Beach: Path to private beach and palapa
• Swimming Pool: L-shaped | heated | wooden decks facing the beach and the Atlantic | sun loungers | parasols
• Semi-covered areas: living area facing the ocean | BBQ grill with dining area for 14 | further dining area for 12
The physical appearance of this small town has changed little over the past decade. For much of the year, the sandy streets of the former fishing village on the country’s Atlantic coast are silent and un-trodden, the avant-garde designer houses half-hidden behind modest fishing shacks, and tumbledown cottages shuttered and empty. Even its grassy plaza is unadorned by anything more showy than a bed of lavender. Yet once a year, artists, aristocrats, and A-list celebrities transform the coastline into South America’s most exclusive — yet determinedly rustic — year-end enclave.
Described as one of the hippest places on the planet at New Year and there is little doubt that, along with Trancoso in North-east Brazil, José Ignacio can make a strong claim on being the hottest place in South America to party in the New Year. First impressions of José Ignacio, the pueblo, is that it looks like a film set and this feeling is only heightened by the glamorous extras that throng the streets, cafes and the two beaches, the mansa and the brava. Nestled in sand dunes overlooking an endless beach, Parador La Huella is everyone’s favourite restaurant and its tables and bar are packed from the time it opens at midday until it closes sometime in the early hours. The menu is perfect for the beach – grilled brotola (a substantial white-fish that gets hauled from the ocean in front of the restaurant), crispy-thin pizzas, oven-charred baby squid, a sushi bar and, of course, the best steaks in the world are perennials on a menu that otherwise changes daily – and the service is snappy and informal. Prices are fair even in high season, the coffee reaches the table piping hot and the rosé is served icy cold. If only all beach bars were made this way. The only price to pay is the wait for a table in the season, not least as the secret is out about this part of the coast.
Yet, even at the busiest times when parked Porsches and SUV’s clog the sandy streets, there are still good and rather more down-to-earth options available. Manolo’s, the world’s most glamorous butcher’s shop, sells huge milanesa sandwiches to bikini-clad beauties and further up the street the little supermarket does a brisk trade in iced champagne, emapanadas, cigarettes and freshly baked bread. Despite the increasing hype and invariable comparisons to Ibiza or the Hamptons, Marbella or St Tropez, ‘as they were back in the day’, it’s a place that hasn’t sold out and clearly hasn’t lost its soul. This, I am sure, is down to Uruguay herself, the most down-to-earth, least pretentious country in the region, whose greatest asset is its people. It is true this coast has the feel of a previous era when the world was a simpler, better place: the endless under-developed coastline; the absence of drunken hordes by night; empty beaches by day; all coupled with the fact that it still not that easy to get to from anywhere else. But what it is most of all, it’s essence, is that it this little corner of South America still has a style that is all of its own that rubs its magic dust on everyone who visits. Prepare to be seduced.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Hot Tub
- Good for Events
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 6 Bathrooms
Daily maid service
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers from the Punta del Este airport (40 min) and the Montevideo airport (less than 2 hours) can be arranged upon request for an additional cost. Car hire is recommended although not strictly necessary while staying at this house.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars can be rented locally and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• Customized pre-arrival grocery shop
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.