- All destinations
4 BEDROOMS | 8 GUESTS | CENTRO HISTÓRICO, PARATY
The villa is a four-bedroom house situated in the heart of the colonial town of Paraty, where the cobblestone streets and white-washed houses are hemmed between the imposing sierra and the sea, making for one of the most picturesque and dramatic locations in Brazil.
Each of the four bedrooms in the house has air-conditioning, fans and private bathrooms, and the master bedroom has a bath, walk-in shower and a sauna. The charm of the house is that the understated colonial exterior and walled garden do not hint at the luxury and level of comfort that lie within in its thick walls. Glorious dark wood floors in the living and dining room, a state of the art kitchen, and a living space integrated with a garden and pool, set the scene for this impressively well restored colonial house.
The pool has dark blue tiles and is surrounded by a paved deck with sun loungers, a BBQ and outdoor seating and dining areas. The house is right near the water, and we suggest renting a boat for touring the remote islands, beaches and tucked-away restaurants that lie in the bays off the coast.
A beautiful house with modern conveniences located in a relaxing and very Brazilian town between Rio and Sao Paulo, it is a fabulous choice for first time visitors to Brazil. The villa is suitable for groups of friends and families with children of all ages.
In addition to renting the house in its entirety for private use, the four bedrooms can also be rented individually.
VILLA 49 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room: Open-plan space integrated with the garden & pool area | dark wood floors, art, 2 large white sofas & sofa chairs | A/C
• Dining Room: Integrated with the outdoor dining area, garden & pool | 10-person dining table | dark wood floors | A/C
• Kitchen: State of the art & fully equipped with professional cooker, stove, microwave, large fridges & ice maker | 4-person wooden dining table in the middle | service area off the back with a washer + dryer
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): King-size bed with white linens | state-of-the-art ensuite bathroom with bathtub, walk-in shower & sauna | TV | A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2- Double bed with white linens | state-of-the-art ensuite bathroom | A/C + ceiling
• Bedroom 3: Twin beds with white linens | state-of-the-art ensuite bathroom | A/C + ceiling fan
Second Floor (Attic)
• Bedroom 4: 3 twin beds with white linens | state-of-the-art ensuite bathroom | ocean-views | A/C + ceiling fan
The house is surrounded by a wrap-around walled garden, which encloses the garden area and ensures complete privacy
• Swimming Pool: Circular pool with dark blue tiles (approx. diameter 9m x 1.4m deep) | built in steps | surrounded by a paved deck with palm trees & beautiful greenery | 4 teak sun-loungers
• Dining Area: Covered outdoor dining area under a tiled pergola | dining table & BBQ | additional small 4-person table next to pergola
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 8 Guests
- 6 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, and housekeeper.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo. Alternatively, Paraty has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the house, and helicopter and private plane charters are also available upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,325 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights throughout the year, 5 nights for Carnival and 7 nights for High season and New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service, and housekeeper
• Daily breakfast
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge, and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.