- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | PRAIA DO JABAQUARA, PARATY
The villa is a beautiful colonial-style beachfront property with its origins dating back to the 19th Century. Facing the islands of the Paraty Bay, it is located just a few minutes walk from the bars, restaurants and shops of the lovely historic town of Paraty. With the Jabaquara River on one side and a beautiful forested hillside on the other, the house and its beach, swimming pool, and gardens, offer guests complete privacy.
The house was recently remodeled, and the colonial architecture is perfectly in keeping with its environment. The property sleeps up to 10 guests, with five bedrooms spread throughout separate structures on the property- a main house, guest house, and pool house.
Inside the main house you will find one master suite with a double bed, and one twin bedroom (with two wide single beds), both with ensuite bathrooms and air-conditioning. There is also a study, large kitchen, dining room, guest bathroom, and a sitting room with French doors that open onto a veranda the length of the house. On the veranda you can enjoy drinking your morning coffee at the breakfast table, relaxing in the day beds while enjoying the ocean view, or sipping cocktails during sunset.
The guesthouse has two additional bedrooms- one double bedroom and one twin, each with their own ensuite bathrooms. There is one further double bedroom (with two twin beds that can be turned into a double bed) in the pool house, which also has a kitchen and a separate sitting room opening onto an additional veranda facing the blue-tiled pool ringed by a sandstone deck.
The villa is ideal for anyone looking to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, without compromising comfort or modern conveniences. The house works equally well for groups of friends and families, and the large protected garden and swimming pool lends itself to families with children of all ages.
“The house was great, in the perfect spot. Close enough to walk into town, but far enough away for privacy. Found plenty to do with the kids on the rainy days…..the house is without fault.” Johnny Milne, London
“This villa has been a fantastic experience. (The) place (is) wonderful, the house really good, but the service absolutely the best!” - CP, Chile
VILLA 48 ACCOMMODATION
• Kitchen: Fully equipped kitchen with good storage space & a separate entrance
• Living + Dining Room: Spacious open-plan living + dining area with French doors opening onto a veranda | sitting area with comfortable couches | wooden dining table for 10 people
• Guest Bathroom + Cloak Room
• Veranda: Covered outdoor veranda running across the front of the house | view of the ocean & mountains | dining table, day beds, rocking chairs & hammocks | ceiling fans
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Double bed | ensuite bathroom | split A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 2: Twin beds (extra wide single beds) | ensuite bathroom | split A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 3: Double bed | ensuite bathroom | split A/C + ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom | split A/C + ceiling fan
• Sitting Room: Sofa beds (best for children) available on request
• Fully Equipped Kitchen
• Guest Bathroom
• Terrace: Covered outdoor terrace leading to the pool area | ping-pong table
• Bedroom 5: Twin beds (can be converted into a double) | ensuite bathroom | split A/C + ceiling fan
• Beachfront ("Foot in the sand"): Direct beach access | sea kayaks
• Swimming Pool: 15m x 6m blue-tiled pool ringed by a sandstone deck with sun beds | surrounded by palm trees | overlooking the beach & ocean
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Daily maid (8am – 2pm), pool & garden maintenance, night guard (6pm – 8am) and a bilingual house manager.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo upon request. Paraty also has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the house, and helicopter and private plane charters are available upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 1,625 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 5 nights throughout the year, 7 nights for Carnival and 14 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff including a daily maid, English-speaking house manager, maintenance man and night guard
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge, and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.