- All destinations
- Rio de Janeiro
2 BEDROOMS (THIRD ROOM AVAILABLE) | 4 GUESTS (6 IF USING THIRD ROOM) | IPANEMA, RIO DE JANEIRO
An impeccably decorated, spacious two-bedroom apartment located in the Arpoador neighborhood (the Ipanema side of the headland separating Copacabana and Ipanema) with panoramic views of Ipanema Beach, Leblon Beach, and Morro Dois Irmãos (Two Brothers Hill).
Located on the beachside of the main road, the apartment provides an uninterrupted view of the ocean, a rarity in Rio, and is perfect for watching surfers hit the waves on Ipanema beach. The beachfront location also helps to cancel out any traffic noise thanks to the ocean breeze, a benefit many other apartments miss out on
The apartment is located on the 5th floor of a portered building, with elevator access that arrives at a semi-private entrance hall (there are just two apartments per floor) covered in mosaic tiles and decorated with a festive beach mural. The interior has an overall feeling of light and space, and displays a vibrant collection of contemporary Brazilian art.
There are two ensuite bedrooms, a fully equipped kitchen covered in original white ceramic tiles, and a large open-plan living/dining room with white marble floors and walls (*at one end of the living room is a large sofa that can be turned into a third bedroom by extending a sliding wall). The living area has high ceilings and 18-meter wide panoramic windows, making for a wonderfully bright space in which to not only admire the incredible view of the beach, surfers and islands, but also to enjoy the calming sound of the ocean.
The villa works equally well for groups of friends or families with children of all ages.
"The apartment was perfect for two couples and the location was "top ten" among our travels. Nete was lovely to us and you were so helpful in welcoming us to the apartment and booking restaurants. Our guides, Marcello and Patricia, were top quality.” - CF, USA
VILLA 71 ACCOMMODATION
• Elevator Access: Arrives at the semi-private entrance hall on 5th floor
• Entrance Hall: Covered in mosaic tiles | two doors (the apartment shares the floor with one other apartment)
• Sitting Room: Large, open-plan space | located at the entrance of the apartment | white marble floors, high ceilings & panoramic window running the length of the room | three-seater sofa, two armchairs, chaise lounge, writing table & plasma TV with Cable + DVD/CD player
• Dining Area: In the center of the sitting room, next to entrance & kitchen | square glass eight-person dining table
• Kitchen: Accessed from the sitting room | fully equipped with cooker, stove, microwave & large fridge + freezer | meals & drinks served through a hatch straight into the room | maids rooms + laundry area connected to the back of the kitchen
Accessed via a corridor (with a guest bathroom) leading away from the sitting room
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Double bed | ensuite bathroom with bathtub | panoramic ocean views | TV | A/C
• Bedroom 2: Double bed | shared bathroom with Bedroom 3 | panoramic ocean views | TV | A/C
• Bedroom 3 (Convertible): Sitting room can be converted into a third bedroom via sliding walls | double sofa bed & chaise lounge | shared bathroom with Bedroom 2 | A/C
Rio needs little introduction, and we are very experienced in working with guests to ensure that they enjoy the Marvelous City as much as possible. All guests receive the BBH Rio Guide, which includes up-to-date tips on where and what to do, as well as the very latest on restaurants and bars in the city. We have excellent tour guides available who aim to guarantee that you have the best experience possible during your time in Rio, as they would for their own family and friends.
Ipanema is an iconic, upscale neighbourhood centrally located in Zona Sul between Leblon and Copacabana, where you will find great restaurants, bars, shopping, and a vibrant beach scene. The neighborhood gained worldwide fame as the subject of the Brazilian song, "The Girl from Ipanema".
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 6 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Maid service from Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm).
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, drivers, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance. We also have excellent local guides based in Rio for those who wish to explore the city, especially recommended for first time visitors.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from both Rio airports.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customised grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 650 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, including New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service from Monday to Friday
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.