- All destinations
2 BEDROOMS | 4 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The hotel features 11 unique houses (“casas”), blending seamlessly into the historic center of Trancoso, a small fishing village on Brazil’s idyllic southern Bahian coast. The totally private property features 16 suites, ranging from restored fisherman houses to a sleek but ecologically-conscious tree house, as well as other innovative homes spread throughout a lush 7,000m2 garden.
Featured in design magazines worldwide, the 11 casas range from one to three bedrooms, and all have incredibly chic interior decor, incorporating organic materials and authentic Brazilian art and antiques.
This villa was once a typical village casa as found on Trancoso’s cosy side streets. The hotel's restoration kept the authentic form of the casa, but dramatically opened interior spaces, replacing walls with windows open to views of lush gardens. A front patio faces the Bosque Street, a quiet residential lane with no through traffic. The living area and kitchen combine to form a single vast room, airy, and light-filled, with sofas full of soft-toned throw pillows and homey comforts. An outdoor deck is perfect for open-air dining or lounging in hanging hammocks facing colourful hibiscus trees. The roomy suites are on opposite sides of the casa, offering maximum privacy.
Service at the hotel is very friendly, and reflects the true Bahian culture. The hotel offers an internationally acclaimed restaurant, great bar, fabulous beachfront lounge, unique swimming pool with healing aventurine crystals, and a full spa and gym. For the more active guests, beach volleyball, sea kayaking and even capoeira training (traditional Brazilian dance/martial art) are all available. Those who enjoy cooking, or are interested in learning, can also request cooking lessons with a local chef in their own private casa, and learn about the joys of cooking traditional Bahian cuisine.
Whether you're interested in sipping cocktails on the beach, indulging in internationally acclaimed food, relaxing at the spa or simply lounging around, this is without a doubt the place to be.
The villa is suitable for group of friends, families with children of all ages, and couples. It is also ideal for events including weddings, corporate and creative retreats, press events, etc.
VILLA 25 ACCOMODATION
• Internationally-acclaimed Restaurant & Bar
• Full Spa & Massage Lounge
• Wine Cellar
• Stylish living area • Covered patio with dining area
• Fully equipped kitchen/kitchenette: Daily stocked fridge
• Large private garden
• Bedrooms: King-sized beds with 600 thread count Egyptian cotton linens and mosquito nets
• Bathrooms (en-suite): Open-air bathrooms with outdoor gardens | handmade copper + wood accents
• Amenities: WiFi | Satellite TV with DVD & iPod + MP3 player | A/C | good-sized safe in each bedroom
OUTDOORS + ACTIVITIES
• Swimming Pool: Pool with healing aventurine crystals
• Beach: Private beach with fabulous beachfront lounge | beach volleyball area
• Activities: Private cooking lessons with a local Bahian chef | "Capoeira" training (traditional Brazilian dance/martial art) | sea kayaking
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers). The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Good for Events
- 4 Guests
- 2 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Daily maid, daily concierge.
Additional professional cooks, babysitters, drivers and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at the Terravista Golf Course & Condominium, and helicopter and private plane charters can be also arranged upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 3 nights for High Season & Holidays, 5 nights for Carnival and 7 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• Elaborate Bahian breakfast
• Fitness center, Wi-fi & parking
• Reserved sofa at UXUA beach Lounge
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Food & beverages
• 10% service charge and 3% City tax
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• Check-in: 2pm; Check-out: 12pm • Booking Policy: Full pre-payment of rates and taxes, non-refundable.
• Cancellation Policy: the hotel does not reimburse or refund the amount deposited to confirm a booking. Cancellation fee varies according to the reservation period and the balance, when existing, will be available as a credit toward a future accommodation within 180 days from the cancellation date.
• Child Policy: the hotel was not planned out for children; therefore, there are no recreational areas. For children up to 5 years old we recommend a babysitter and we can help arrange one. We offers crib, electronic nanny and a special kids menu.
• Extra Bed: Specific houses can accommodate an extra bed, always on request and subject to a daily fee. On 1 Suite Houses the extra bed costs 30% of the daily rate, on 2 Suite Houses the extra bed costs 15% of the daily rate.