- All destinations
- La Barra
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | LA BARRA / PUNTA DEL ESTE
Just blocks from the beach, the town center, and the Mantra Hotel (with access to tennis courts, spa, cinema and the casino), this light filled traditional home with balconies and terraces off every room has five bedrooms all equipped with their own central conditioning units, a large living room with a built in bar, floor to ceiling glass windows that overlook the ocean and the pool area. A covered brick patio becomes an outdoor extension of the living room for lounging or entertaining. There is a separate formal dining room with French doors which open onto a manicured lawn and a fully covered outdoor dining patio for 12 that has a large “parilla” the Uruguayan grille BBQ built in, adjacent to an updated kitchen with service quarters and laundry. A separate office with Wireless Internet, built in desk and TV, is also located on the ground floor.
The interiors’ casual elegance with modern influences is reflected in the furnishings, décor and design of the house. Most rooms overlook the lush landscape and expansive manicured lawn, where privacy and exclusivity surround you.
The second floor master bedroom suite with its own balcony surrounding two sides, one overlooking the ocean the other side overlooking the surrounding pine woods, has a king size bed, Cable TV, separate dressing room, glass encased tub/ shower, toilet, bidet and vanity. The two bedrooms on the next level share a full bathroom with shower, one with a double bed, the other with 2 singles, and both with private balconies, both fully furnished with dressers, closet and chairs. On the first floor, the two bedrooms share a full bathroom with shower; both are fully furnished with 2 single beds, dresser and closet.
It’s a great house for family or adult entertaining. This fully furnished 5 bedroom, 3.5 bath home is situated in a quiet, private, established neighborhood a short walk to the beach and town center, surrounded by towering pines with ocean views.
* Also available is a second neighboring house for rent fully furnished two bedroom, 1 bathroom home next door for additional guests or staff which is available for additional cost.
VILLA 109 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room: Large floor-to-ceiling windows | overlooks pool area and ocean | built-in bar
• Dining Room: Opens onto garden and a covered outdoor dining area
• Kitchen: Updated and fully equipped
• Office: Built in desk and TV | Wifi
• Master bedroom: Private balcony | King size bed | cable TV | separate dressing rooms | en-suite bathroom
• Bedroom 2: Private balcony | double bed | dresser and closet | shared bathroom with bedroom 3
• Bedroom 3: Private balcony | twin beds | dresser and closet | shared bathroom with bedroom 2
• Bedrooms 4 & 5: Twin beds | dresser and closet | shared bathroom
• Large maintained garden
• Swimming pool: Located at the bottom of the garden | sun loungers
• Covered brick patio: Large parilla (BBQ grill) | dining area | living area with ample seating
La Barra is just a 15 minute drive from the famous, high-rise and glamorous Punta del Este, an old time favourite amongst the Americas’ elite -both past and present- where you can dabble in the many restaurants, bars, shops and boliches.
La Barra itself enjoys a more bohemian vibe, and is still quaint thanks to the absence of high-rise towers and dominance of houses of all styles, shapes and size. There is something for everyone, with quirky restaurants, terrace parties and bars and an abundance of galleries, collectors corners and antiques stores that dot the strip that runs parallel to the golden beach hidden behind the dunes.
José Ignacio is a half an hour drive away, and is home to the most successful beach bar in the world, La Huella, a long golden beach, a fantastic carniceria renowned for its sandwich milanesa, and a host of exclusive residents.
Manantiales, another quirky town lies just along the beach and is another hotspot for all people rich and famous, young and old and a great place to enjoy the sun and surf.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Daily maid service
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers from the Punta del Este airport (40 min) and the Montevideo airport (less than 2 hours) can be arranged upon request for an additional cost. Car hire is recommended while staying at this house.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
RATES UPON REQUEST
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service
• Customized pre-arrival grocery shop
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.)
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.