- All destinations
4 BEDROOMS | 7 GUESTS | PONTA GROSSA, PARATY
The villa is a four-bedroom oceanfront residence with incredible views and a great location only 15 minutes by boat from the charming colonial fishing village of Paraty. A few steps from the calm, protected waters of the Paraty Bay, the house is located inside the Environmental Protection Area of Ponta Grossa, surrounded by pristine beaches and uninterrupted rain forest - there are no roads or cars to disturb the views, just forest paths and fishing boats. The house is only a five-minute walk away from the beach and has a private jetty.
Built in 2010, the villa has a modern, clean touch and unsurpassed views of the ocean. Three comfortable double (or twin) ensuite bedrooms face the ocean, and there is a further single room on the other side of the house. A fully equipped kitchen opens onto an open-plan living area with comfortable seating and an ocean view, which then opens onto a wide veranda running the length of the house. The spacious veranda has a dining table and additional seating, and is perfect for watching the sunset over the ocean while sipping cocktails. As the house is only accessible by boat, there is an oceanfront swimming dock below, where you will also find sea kayaks, snorkeling gear and fishing rods. SUP (Stand Up Paddle) and hiking trips can also be arranged.
The villa is perfect for groups of friends, families with children of all ages, honeymooners, those who love to explore, or those who just want to relax.
“We couldn’t have wished for a better break from NYC. Gorgeous house, gorgeous spot, totally paradisic. Thanks so much!” - Deborah Dunn, Condé Nast Traveller US
VILLA 55 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room: Big sliding glass doors integrating the living room with the connecting wood balcony | panoramic ocean-view | fireplace in the middle of the room | SKY TV, small selection of DVDs, CDs, books & board games
• Dining Room: Open-plan & integrated with the kitchen | 8-person table with benches (high chair also available)
• Kitchen: Fully equipped with 4-burner stove, oven, refrigerator, ice machine & blender | service area with a washing machine off the back
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Queen-size bed; ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower & blue mosaic tile flooring | ocean-view | open storage, shelves & hanging space | high- beamed ceiling, white walls & solid wood floors | Brazilian art & handicrafts | iPod/iPhone docking speakers | fan | direct access to the veranda | connecting door to Bedroom 2
• Bedroom 2: King-size bed (can be converted into twins) + additional pullout spare bed | ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower & blue mosaic tile flooring | ocean-view | open storage, shelves & hanging space | high- beamed ceiling, white walls & solid wood floors | Brazilian art & handicrafts | iPod/iPhone docking speakers | fan | veranda | direct access to the veranda | connecting door to Bedroom 1 & 3
• Bedroom 3: King-size bed (can be converted into twins) + additional pullout spare bed | ocean-view | open storage, shelves & hanging space | high- beamed ceiling, white walls & solid wood floors | Brazilian art & handicrafts | iPod/iPhone docking speakers | fan | direct access to the veranda | connecting door to Bedroom 2
• Bedroom 4 (on request): Single bedroom on another side of the house | next to a small bathroom with walk-in shower & blue mosaic tile flooring | ocean-view | open storage, shelves & hanging space | high-beamed ceiling, white walls & solid wood floors | Brazilian art & handicrafts | iPod/iPhone docking speakers
• Balcony: Wrap-around balcony overlooking the sea | hammocks, deck chairs & small dining table
• Dock: Snorkeling equipment for 2 people | 2 double kayaks | 2 fishing rods | SUP board
• Beaches: Accessed via a small path at the back of the house | 5 minutes by foot to Praia do Baré (excellent swimming beach for children) | 30-40 minutes by foot in the other direction to Praia Vermelha
• Activities: SUP boarding (Stand UP Paddle), sea kayaking & hiking
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- 7 Guests
- 4 Bedrooms
- 4 Bathrooms
Maid service from Monday - Friday (8am - 1pm). Maid can cook upon request. Boatman for transfers to and from the house (can also be hired for boat excursions).
Additional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo. Alternatively, Paraty has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the town, and helicopter and private plane charters are available upon request. Boat transfers in and out from Paraty to the house are included. Other boat transfers can be arranged for an extra cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 530 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights in Low Season, and 5 nights for High Season, Holidays, New Year and Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service from Monday to Saturday (from 8am to 1pm)
• English speaking concierge on arrival day
• Customized pre-arrival grocery shop (cost of the groceries not included)
• Boat transfers to and from Villa 55 (from Paraty, one each way)
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra cost, and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.