VILLA DA PRAIA
- All destinations
10/14 BEDROOMS | 20/28 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The villa is a truly impressive, private beachfront house in Trancoso. There is no other property that offers this level of sophistication, service and infrastructure for large parties in Trancoso. What’s more, it’s one of the few houses set right on the beach, and has a good-sized swimming pool. There are two houses on the property (a main house and a guest cottage), which may be rented together or separately, sleeping 28 guests in total.
The main part of the property offers accommodation for up to 20 guests in 10 air-conditioned suites. In the two-story main house are the four main air-conditioned suites, which have double beds with mosquito nets and ensuite bathrooms. The suites on the top floor of the main house have sea views and terraces, and the ground floor suites have garden views. The main kitchen and dining room, multiple living spaces and sitting rooms, a home theater, and an office form the main part of this house. The outside space has a large swimming pool surrounded by a wooden deck and a shaded poolside lounge, multiple covered outdoor decks with seating areas, and a huge lush garden, all with a view of the ocean in the background. Occasionally, you can even see wild horses roaming the grounds.
Around the main house are three separate bungalows, which can be reached along cobblestone paths that link together all the buildings in the property. The bungalows have two suites each (four double suites and two twin-bedded suites) with ensuite bathrooms, mosquito-netted beds, walk-in closets, air conditioning, safes, and small outdoor decks.
An additional four-bedroom guest cottage was recently added onto the property and sleeps up to eight guests between two double suites and two twin-bedded suites. All of the suites have mosquito-netted beds, ensuite bathrooms and air conditioning. On the ground floor of the two-story guest cottage is a kitchen and dining room that seats eight, a home theater, and a living room. The upstairs has an additional living room with a TV, pool table, piano, and a deck with an amazing view. Outside of the cottage is a covered terrace/living area with a BBQ, hammocks and garden with a playground, and it also has separate access to the beach.
Both the main house and the guest cottage are built on a single level using a style of construction that is prevalent in Trancoso and includes accents of Balinese design; highly polished hardwood floors, adobe and wood walls, and wooden slatted tile roves. The furnishing and décor leans towards natural fibers and local sourced materials, all perfect for a house by the sea. Incorporated into the house is tasteful, salvaged rustic furniture and pieces brought from Minas Gerais, including a stunning old door and doorframe, used as the front door of the house.
The property benefits from direct beach access (the beach is 30m away from the main part of the house) to a very private beach, seldom visited by anyone who is not a guest at the property. The sea is crystal clear and great for swimming as it is sheltered by a nearby reef, and the sand is like powder. It is the perfect spot for those who are attracted to a secluded location, harmoniously integrated into the surrounding nature, while enjoying enormously comfortable accommodation, great service and proximity to the bars, restaurants and boutiques of Trancoso, just 10 minutes away. The house is part of the exclusive Itapororoca Condominium, with private road access to the house and 24-hour security at the entrance to the estate.
The villa is suitable for large groups of friends and families with children of all ages, and the proximity to the beach is ideal for those with young children.
VILLA 13 ACCOMMODATION
• Professional Kitchen
• Dining Room
• Living Room
• Sitting Room
• Home Theater with Cable TV
• Bedroom 1 + 2: Double beds with mosquito nets | ensuite bathrooms | ocean-view terraces | split A/C
• Bedroom 3 + 4: Double beds with mosquito nets | ensuite bathrooms | garden-views | split A/C
• Swimming Pool: Large pool with a wooden deck & shaded poolside lounge
• Covered Decks
• Huge Garden
Bungalows 1, 2 & 3
Each bungalow has 2 bedrooms (4 double suites & 2 twin-bedded suites)
• Bedrooms 5-10: Double/Twin beds with mosquito nets | ensuite bathrooms | walk-in closets with safes | small outdoor decks | A/C
• 8-Person Dining Room
• Home Theatre
• Ground Floor Living Room
• First Floor Living Room: TV, pool table, piano, & deck with an amazing view
• Bedrooms 1 + 2: Double beds with mosquito nets | ensuite bathrooms | split A/C
• Bedrooms 3 + 4: Twin beds with mosquito nets | ensuite bathrooms | split A/C
• Terrace: Covered terrace + living area with a BBQ, hammocks & garden with a playground
• Beach: Separate beach access
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 28 Guests
- 14 Bedrooms
- 14 Bathrooms
Main house: Two daily maids (clean and do laundry), house manager, two cooks, barman/butler. A full-time English speaking concierge who will help make restaurant reservations, arrange tennis lessons, massages and anything else you may need help with (up to 8 hours/day) available for an extra charge.
Guest house: Daily maid, laundry lady, cook, and house manager.
Additional professional cooks, babysitters, drivers and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Porto Seguro airport (about an hour drive). Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at the Terravista Golf Course & Condominium, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be also arranged upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery and wine shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 4,775 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 5 nights throughout the year, 7 nights for High Season and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff including maids, cook and assistant, housekeeper and waiter/barman
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.