- All destinations
3 BEDROOMS | 6 GUESTS | PARATY / UBATUBA, SÃO PAULO STATE
If you could picture the ultimate, modern house surrounded by untouched, tropical jungle and a hop, skip and a jump away from the ocean….this villa would be it. A few meters from Itamambuca Beach on the southeastern coast of the State of São Paulo, it is located between São Paulo and Rio, and the closest towns are Ubatuba and Paraty. Itamambuca Beach is considered part of Ubatuba, and Paraty is about an hour away (boats can be rented for day trips to Paraty and the surrounding islands).
The three-bedroom, totally private villa is built entirely from wood, sustainable materials and glass, blending in with its surroundings while adding a glimmer of luxury.
With a fully open-plan structure, the ground floor has a living room, dining area and kitchen that all flow together, following the general openness of the house. The dining area is spread across an indoor deck with a large wall of glass windows running across the entire side of the house, connecting the inside with the jungle outside. The living room and kitchen are separated only by the kitchen island, and there are hammocks strung across the living room to add to the sense of peace and calm. The first floor also has a double bedroom and bathroom, and on the second floor you will find two additional bedrooms sharing one bathroom. The whole second floor is surrounded by the same indoor deck and glass windows as below.
The villa works equally well for groups of friends and families with children of all ages. It is perfect for a group of two couples with children wanting a unique, relaxing beach getaway, while also being close to nature.
VILLA 100 ACCOMMODATION
Open-plan living area, dining area & kitchen all flowing into one another
• Kitchen: Fully equipped professional kitchen | island with bar stools acting as separation between kitchen & living room
• Living Room: Couch & hammocks strung across the living room next to a huge wall of floor-to-ceiling windows | fireplace | large bookshelf
• Dining Area: Right off the living area | spread across an indoor deck next to the windows | wooden dining table
• Bedroom 1: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom
Entire floor is surrounded by glass & has the same indoor decking as the ground floor
• Bedroom 2: King-size bed | shared modern bathroom with Bedroom 3
• Bedroom 3: Twin beds | shared modern bathroom with Bedroom 2
• Surrounded by tropical jungle
• 10 meters from Itamambuca Beach
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town, equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
Ubatuba is a small area east of São Paulo and west of Rio de Janeiro on the southeast coast of the State of São Paulo. Covered by Atlantic rainforest and containing more than 80 beaches along the coast line (some completely deserted), Ubatuba is considered to be "The Surf Capital of São Paulo State". Besides being one of the best places in Brazil for surfing, it has recently become known for its birdwatching (there are more than 565 different birds species identified in the area). Other activities in Ubatuba include trekking, hiking and scuba diving, but there are limited restaurants, bars and nightlife.
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 6 Guests
- 3 Bedrooms
- 2 Bathrooms
Daily maid service, she can also cook (9am – 4pm).
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo upon request. Paraty, located about an hour away from Itamambuca, has its own small airport, and helicopter and private plane charters are also available upon request.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Paraty and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 500 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 3 nights for Low Season, 7 nights for High Season, Holidays, and Carnival and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service (she can also cook)
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.