- All destinations
7 BEDROOMS (2 CHILDREN'S ROOMS) | 14 GUESTS (10 ADULTS + 4 CHILDREN) | SACO DE MAMANGUA, PARATY
Set right in front of the water amid the Saco de Mamangua, and with the infrastructure and service to rival the best Five Star hotels, the villa is the ideal base from which to explore the historic town of Paraty, the dozens of surrounding islands and secluded beaches, and the rainforest trails leading to hidden waterfalls. The whole villa overlooks the Saco de Mamangua, a tropical fjord well known for its pristine seascape and beautiful sandy beaches, with calm waters ideal for swimming and water sports.
There are four double bedrooms (one king-sized bed, one queen-sized, two twins) with air conditioning and sea views, and one master suite (king-sized bed), which is housed in its own small cottage and includes a private outdoor whirlpool bath overlooking the ocean.
The house functions equally well both inside and out, with both indoor and outdoor living rooms and dining rooms, sitting areas, decks, which have been created to make the most of the stunning view. The indoor living room has a home cinema with Cable TV and a DVD player, and is ideal for lazy afternoons and evenings. There are multiple spacious decks with teak lounge furniture, as well as an outdoor dining area and BBQ under a large thatched roof. All of the communal areas make the most of the stunning views and come with iPod docks and stereo system.
The semi-circular infinity pool (located next to the thatched pool house with sofas, tables and an outdoor shower) has a view of the private beach and the ocean, and is surrounded by a limestone deck with teak pool chairs and dining and seating areas for guests to enjoy breakfast or drinks by the pool. While no beaches in Brazil are privately owned, the beach is quite inaccessible to those who are not guests of the house.
Accessible only by boat and not overlooked by any other property, the villa, pool and beach offer complete privacy, yet the restaurants, bars, shops and nightlife of Paraty are only a 10-minute ride away in the villas own Intermarine speedboat. After island hopping or lounging by the pool, followed by drinks and dining in Paraty, a magical, star-lit boat ride home to the villa is the perfect way to end the day.
The villa is suitable for large groups of friends and families with children of all ages. The house is ideal for guests that value their privacy, as well as for guests who love the idea of relaxing in a stunning natural location, yet without sacrificing any creature comforts.
VILLA 57 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room: Ocean-view | home cinema system | Cable TV+DVD player | iPod dock + stereo
• Professional Kitchen: Fully equipped with microwave, 3 large fridge + freezers & BBQ area | laundry area off the back
• Dining Room
• Kiosks: Ocean-view dining kiosk for meals | ocean-view living room kiosk with sofas
• Bedroom 1 (Master Suite): Located in its own small cottage above the main house | king-size bed | large private bathroom with walk-in shower | outdoor ocean-view Jacuzzi & shower | ocean-view veranda | plasma screen TV + DVD player | A/C
Four other suites close to the main house
• Bedroom 2: King-size bed | ensuite bathroom with Jacuzzi | private ocean-view veranda | plasma screen TV + DVD player | split A/C
• Bedroom 3: Queen-size bed | ensuite bathroom | private ocean-view veranda | plasma screen TV | split A/C
• Bedroom 4: Twin beds (can be converted to double beds if required) | ensuite bathroom | ocean-view veranda | split A/C
• Bedroom 5: Twin beds (can be converted to double beds if required) | ensuite bathroom | ocean-view veranda | split A/C
• Bedroom 6 (Ideal for children): 2 single beds | shared bathroom with Bedroom 7 | split A/C
• Bedroom 7 (Ideal for children): 1 bunk bed + 1 single bed | shared bathroom with Bedroom 6 | split A/C
• Decks: Several open decks with teak lounge furniture
• Outdoor Dining/Sitting Rooms: Under a large thatched roof with an excellent BBQ
• Swimming Pool: Incredible ocean & beach views | limestone deck with teak pool chairs & dining + seating areas | thatched pool house with sofas, tables & outdoor shower
• Private Beach
• Massage Lounge
• Private jetty
• Boat Moorings
• Water Sports: 2 wave runner jet skis |19-foot water ski boat with equipment & wakeboards | 46-foot Intermarine speedboat equipped with 2x350 HP Volvo Penta Engines (accommodates 12 passengers)
Paraty is a lovely 17th century town that has been perfectly preserved thanks to a long period of isolation, and was declared a National Historical Monument in 1966. There are winding narrow cobblestone roads with small fishermen’s cottages and vast merchants mansions standing side by side, all white stucco with brightly painted shutters and doors. Vehicles are banned from the town, and the charming art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars tucked amongst the cobbled streets are best explored on foot. Paraty is equidistant between Rio de Janeiro and São Paulo, both of which can be reached in 3.5-4 hours by car.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- Speed Boat
- Good for Events
- 14 Guests
- 7 Bedrooms
Maid service, cook, housekeeper/sailor.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc. may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the airports in both Rio and São Paulo. Alternatively, Paraty has its own airport, which is about ten minutes by car from the house, and helicopter and private plane charters are also available upon request. Boat transfers from Paraty to the house can also be arranged.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your arrival. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
DAY BOATS AND YACHT CHARTER
Boat charter is the best way to explore the pristine beaches and island restaurants in the Bay of Paraty. We work with a variety of speed-boats, crewed yachts and converted local fishing boats which can be arranged for you in advance or during your stay.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 4,000 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 4 nights throughout the year, and 7 nights for New Year and Carnival.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Full staff including maid service, cook and houskeeper
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Boat hire (recommended): two boats available for an extra cost
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.