VILLA SAN MARCOS
- All destinations
10 BEDROOMS | 20 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
Located right on an endless beach, and less than 2km from the vibrant bars and restaurants of the Quadrado, this villa was recently described by Centurion Magazine as THE property to rent in Brazil, and is regarded as one of the ultimate beach houses in the Americas.
The totally private beachfront villa has 24-hour security and sleeps 20 guests among ten bedrooms spread across four guest wings (each with their own verandas and outdoor showers). The house was built entirely of wood and completed at the end of 2005. It uses the finest local materials, and the architecture reflects a modern take on traditional Bahian design. Sig Bergamin was responsible for the layout and interior decoration of the house, and he created a hugely stylish mix of rattan furniture and thick, natural fabrics that never lose sight of the Brazilian beach house feel.
There are multiple open decks and terraces on different levels of the house, and beyond the nine bedrooms, there is a double height living room ventilated by cantilevered walls that open and let in the sea breeze, a dining room for 20, a home cinema with a large TV, a kitchen and breakfast area
Outside of the villa you will find another external dining/living area, a BBQ, an 80-foot swimming pool, a large ground floor deck, and a first floor terrace ideal for lunches and dinners with unrivalled views of the beach and ocean. The house is connected to the swimming pool and beach by a short wooden bridge built over a narrow river running through the property. The pool area has a spacious deck with pool furniture, built in speakers, and a gate opening directly onto the beach.
The villa is suitable for large groups of friends and families with children of all ages. The proximity to the beach is also ideal for young children.
VILLA 2 ACCOMMODATION
• Sitting Room: Large double-height sitting room | 6 large sofas, armchairs & circular card table | Cable TV | cantilevered walls
• Kitchen: Fully equipped | professional cooker, stove, microwave & large fridge+freezer | breakfast area with BBQ | laundry room off the back
• Dining Room: 20-person dining table | A/C
• Home Cinema: Large TV & integrated stereo system with iPod dock
• Deck: Large covered deck with ample sofas, seating & low drinks tables | separate 20-person dining area | integral stereo system
• Terrace: Spacious terrace with deck furniture | unrivalled views of the beach & ocean | ideal for lunches & dinners
• Bedroom 1: Double bed | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 2: Double bed | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 3: Double bed | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 4: Double bed | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | mangrove view | A/C
• Bedroom 5: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 6: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 7: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 8: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 9: Twin beds | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
• Bedroom 10: Double bed | ensuite bathroom + outdoor shower | private deck | A/C | Mosquito nets
The house is connected to the swimming pool & beach by a short wooden bridge built over a narrow river running through the property
• Beach: Direct beach access
• Swimming Pool: 80ft pool | large wooden deck with teak furniture | sound system | gate opening directly onto the beach
As well as offering some of the best beaches in the Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip-flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists, and singers are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele, who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 20 Guests
- 10 Bedrooms
- 9 Bathrooms
Maid service from Monday to Friday (8am – 5pm). Live-in housekeeper, two maids, and a gardener.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for the complete price list for the year or for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 3,750 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 7 nights throughout the year, usually not available for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service (from Monday to Friday)
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of the groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.