- All destinations
5 BEDROOMS | 10 GUESTS | TRANCOSO, SOUTHERN BAHIA
The villa is a five-bedroom property situated in the beautiful and historic twon of Trancoso in Bahia, Brazil, positioned just five minutes drive from the famous Quadrado, and a ten-minute walk to the stunning beach of Rio da Barra.
The property is 3,080 square metres in size and is ideally located on one of the highest points of Trancoso, in the exclusive Alto Do Segredos neighbourhood. An intriguing and stylishly designed property, the accommodation features a one-bedroom ‘casa’ and four chalets, each with en-suite bathrooms, situated on the beautiful grounds. The property can sleep from 10-12 people. A 13m x 3m swimming pool has recently been added and forms the focal point of the pool by day making the estate an enticing place to spend the whole day even though the beach is a short walk - or even shorter buggy ride - away.
Experience stunning sunsets each day and divine breezes coming from the sea during the evenings. This villa is a perfect place to retreat to having spent all day at one of Trancoso’s beautiful beaches, or after a night on the town.
The MAIN HOUSE is 80 square meters in size and consists of a master bedroom with an en-suite bathroom; an open-plan kitchen and living space; a long veranda with two dining areas and seating. A laundry area is available to the back of the property.
The Villa has an eclectic and contemporary feel with an array of furniture, paintings and objet curated by the owners from their trips around the world. The living room is full of colourful paintings and furniture from the 60s and 70s, as well as a mix of ethnic objects.
It is also equipped with Sky TV, and a DVD player in the living room and open plan kitchen and wi-fi internet (accessible through most of the property, although the signal is weak in the chalets furthest from the main house). The veranda is the ideal place to hang out and dine on. The bedroom has a King-size bed, extensive wardrobe space, Sky TV and an en-suite bathroom. It comes finished with wooden shutter doors and windows. The bedroom is equipped with air-conditioning and fan.
The four spacious CHALETS situated in individual buildings around the property, consist of a bedroom, en-suite bathroom and a veranda. They are all furnished with a King-size bed; mosquito nets and the bathrooms are fully equipped with a shower, toilet, sink and wardrobe area. Each chalet has been fully equipped with air-conditioning/ ceiling fans,Wi-Fi access (some better than others!). Ground space, 40 square metres.
VILLA 32 ACCOMMODATION
• Living Room: Open-plan | colorful decorated | equiped with Sky Tv and a DVD player
• Kitchen: Open-plan
• Bedroom 1 (Master suite): King bed | ensuite bathroom | extensive wardrobe space | wooden shutter doors and windows | air-conditioning and fans
• Long veranda with two dining areas and seating
• Bedroom 2: King bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with wardrobe area | air-conditioning and ceiling fan
• Bedroom 3: King bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with wardrobe area | air-conditioning and ceiling fan
• Bedroom 4: King bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with wardrobe area | air-conditioning and ceiling fan
• Bedroom 5: King bed with mosquito net | ensuite bathroom with wardrobe area | air-conditioning and ceiling fan
• Beach: 10 minute walk away
• Swimming Pool: 13m x 3m
As well as offering some of the best beaches in Northeastern Brazil, the Southern Bahian village of Trancoso has a very pretty colonial heart, set on a bluff overlooking the ocean. The large, grassy main square known as the Quadrado is surrounded by colorful native houses presided over by a small church, and has dazzling views of the beaches and ocean. In the evening everyone heads to the Quadrado to sip caipirinhas and browse the shops and boutiques (including nearly all of the chicest Brazilian designers).
The atmosphere is incredibly relaxed - flip flops, open shirts and kaftans are the order of the day. However, many of the best know Brazilian film-makers, models, journalists and musicians (Beyoncé included!) are regulars at the bars and restaurants. It has begun to attract a sophisticated and international clientele who come to experience the authentic flavor of Brazil, enhanced by unpretentious restaurants, quaint hotels and stunning private houses.
- Swimming Pool
- Outdoor Seating
- Air Conditioning
- Maid Service
- Child Friendly
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
Daily maid and caseiro for garden and pool maintenance. Cook included only in New Years, Carnival and Easter, but can be available for an extra charge. Assistance of an English speaking BBH host is available for an extra charge.
Additional professional cooks, maids, babysitters, and barmen may be provided for an extra cost and paid for locally when requested in advance.
TRANSFERS TO THE VILLA
Private transfers with trusted drivers can be arranged from the Trancoso airport. Alternatively, there is an excellent private landing strip at Terravista, just 10 minutes away from the village, and helicopter and private plane charters can be arranged for an additional cost.
PRE-ARRIVAL GROCERY SHOPPING
To make your arrival at the property as relaxing as possible, we suggest we stock the kitchen and fridges with a customized grocery shop prior to your trip. This means that you will arrive to a kitchen full of food, a fridge full of cold drinks and that the first meal can be served shortly after your arrival.
Car hire is recommended, but not essential. Cars be can be rented locally in Trancoso and we are happy to help with these arrangements.
Bear in Mind
Availability and Prices
Please contact us for a quote based on specific dates.
Some properties have discounts available for smaller numbers of guests or couples.
FROM US$ 625 PER NIGHT
Minimum stay: 4 nights throughout the year, and 10 nights for New Year.
INCLUDED IN COST:
• Daily maid service, and caseiro for pool and garden maintenance
• All local taxes & domestic bills (except for telephone)
• Assistance of an English-speaking BBH concierge is available for an extra charge, and must be booked in advance
• Transfers to and from the villa
• Car hire (recommended)
• Additional staff (professional cooks, maids, babysitters, barmen, etc.) can be available for an extra charge and must be booked in advance
• Food & beverages (can be pre-paid so that the kitchen is fully stocked upon arrival; this service has an extra cost of US$ 150, plus the cost of groceries)
• Availability & prices are subject to change & will be confirmed at the time a booking request is received
• A one off US$ 300 booking fee is charged for all reservations
• A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure any booking, with the balance due no later than 60 days before the date of arrival. If the booking is made within 60 days of the date of arrival, then the full value of the rental is required
• Security deposit is usually 10% of the total amount of the booking (or a minimum of US$ 1,000) and should be paid with the balance. Usually it will be returned within 10 working days after departure if there are no damages or outstanding payments to be settled upon departure
• Full Terms & Conditions may be viewed here.